Yealink Forums

Full Version: Factory Reset for EXP40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I do a factory reset of the EXP40? I recently upgraded my T46G from firmware version 28.71.0.105 to version 28.71.0.108 and performed a factory reset of the T46G.

However, after doing the reset, some of the BLF lights on the EXT40 were still lit, while some were completely out (even though all keys were cleared in the web interface and all keys on the LCD were blank). After re-entering all of the DSS keys on the EXT40 (I have all 40 keys on the EXP40 set to BLFs), some of them show correct BLF status while others don't. Some will continuously show red (whether the extension is in use or not), some will continuously show green (again, whether the extension is in use or not), and others will not show any status at all (the light will be out completely). What's even more perplexing is that some BLFs will work just fine, showing correct status.

I've reset to factory defaults on the T46G twice and see the same issue. Between the two resets, different BLFs worked/didn't work, so I wouldn't imagine it's has anything to do with the specific extensions being monitored by the BLFs. Moreover, non-Yealink phones are monitoring the same BLFs without issue. Perhaps there is some incompatibility between the new firmware for the T46G (28.71.0.108) and the existing firmware for the EXP40 (6.16.0.0)?

Is there something which needs to be done to reset the EXP40 to factory defaults other than resetting the T46G to factory defaults?
(08-17-2013 07:40 PM)Boolah Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do a factory reset of the EXP40? I recently upgraded my T46G from firmware version 28.71.0.105 to version 28.71.0.108 and performed a factory reset of the T46G.

However, after doing the reset, some of the BLF lights on the EXT40 were still lit, while some were completely out (even though all keys were cleared in the web interface and all keys on the LCD were blank). After re-entering all of the DSS keys on the EXT40 (I have all 40 keys on the EXP40 set to BLFs), some of them show correct BLF status while others don't. Some will continuously show red (whether the extension is in use or not), some will continuously show green (again, whether the extension is in use or not), and others will not show any status at all (the light will be out completely). What's even more perplexing is that some BLFs will work just fine, showing correct status.

I've reset to factory defaults on the T46G twice and see the same issue. Between the two resets, different BLFs worked/didn't work, so I wouldn't imagine it's has anything to do with the specific extensions being monitored by the BLFs. Moreover, non-Yealink phones are monitoring the same BLFs without issue. Perhaps there is some incompatibility between the new firmware for the T46G (28.71.0.108) and the existing firmware for the EXP40 (6.16.0.0)?

Is there something which needs to be done to reset the EXP40 to factory defaults other than resetting the T46G to factory defaults?

Whoaaa.. sorry, I don't know the answers you need, but where did you find 28.71.0.108? And how are you accessing the firmware version of the EXP40?

I did notice yesterday when I reset a T46G to factory that it didn't actually set everything to factory. A whole mess of the old settings were still in the phone's web GUI.
(08-17-2013 08:35 PM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]Whoaaa.. sorry, I don't know the answers you need, but where did you find 28.71.0.108? And how are you accessing the firmware version of the EXP40?

The new (still beta) firmware can be found in this post.

The firmware version for the EXP40 is listed at the bottom of the web interface on the Status tab after you login to the T46G:

[Image: EXT40.png]

(08-17-2013 08:35 PM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]I did notice yesterday when I reset a T46G to factory that it didn't actually set everything to factory. A whole mess of the old settings were still in the phone's web GUI.

I don't think the settings on the T46G ever get reset to defaults during a firmware upgrade. I believe it's a separate step you manually need to do.
(08-17-2013 07:40 PM)Boolah Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do a factory reset of the EXP40? I recently upgraded my T46G from firmware version 28.71.0.105 to version 28.71.0.108 and performed a factory reset of the T46G.

Hi Boolah,
I tested at our side, after reset to factory default, yes, EXP40 is still lighting BLF LED.
Did you try reconnect EXP40 after this? Here after i reconnect EXP40, everythink works well.
And after reset, the "LED Off in Idle" will enabled by default, so you still need to disable this in the webpage-Features-General information, so BLF will light green when it's idle.
Any update please let us know, thanks.
(08-17-2013 08:35 PM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]

Whoaaa.. sorry, I don't know the answers you need, but where did you find 28.71.0.108? And how are you accessing the firmware version of the EXP40?

I did notice yesterday when I reset a T46G to factory that it didn't actually set everything to factory. A whole mess of the old settings were still in the phone's web GUI.

Hi Engine,
Did you reset to factory default sucessfully? Could you try again?Generally it will delete all the custom setting after this.
Could you let us know what settings are still on the phone web GUI?
Thanks.
(08-19-2013 03:21 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try reconnect EXP40 after this? Here after i reconnect EXP40, everythink works well.

After unplugging the EXP40 and reconnecting, I'm still seeing the same issue.

After resetting the T46G to factory defaults and rebooting several times, I managed to get all 40 BLF keys on the EXP40 to show correct status. However, after rebooting the T46G without making any additional changes, the EXP40 only showed 19 out of 20 BLF keys on screen 1 and 13 out of 20 BLF keys on screen 2 after the reboot. Moreover, the icon of the person on the LCD is greyed out for the buttons where BLF isn't working.

It appears as though this issue of faulty BLF status is not limited to the EXP40. Even some of the BLF keys set on the T46G DSS keys are displaying the same incorrect behavior.

(08-19-2013 03:21 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]And after reset, the "LED Off in Idle" will enabled by default, so you still need to disable this in the webpage-Features-General information, so BLF will light green when it's idle.

I have that setting provisioned, so it gets disabled automatically.
(08-19-2013 06:00 PM)Boolah Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013 03:21 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try reconnect EXP40 after this? Here after i reconnect EXP40, everythink works well.

After unplugging the EXP40 and reconnecting, I'm still seeing the same issue.

After resetting the T46G to factory defaults and rebooting several times, I managed to get all 40 BLF keys on the EXP40 to show correct status. However, after rebooting the T46G without making any additional changes, the EXP40 only showed 19 out of 20 BLF keys on screen 1 and 13 out of 20 BLF keys on screen 2 after the reboot. Moreover, the icon of the person on the LCD is greyed out for the buttons where BLF isn't working.

It appears as though this issue of faulty BLF status is not limited to the EXP40. Even some of the BLF keys set on the T46G DSS keys are displaying the same incorrect behavior.

(08-19-2013 03:21 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]And after reset, the "LED Off in Idle" will enabled by default, so you still need to disable this in the webpage-Features-General information, so BLF will light green when it's idle.

I have that setting provisioned, so it gets disabled automatically.

Hi Boolah,
Could you provide us your config.bin file, so we can import your config.bin to try to reproduce the issue at our side?
And could you also provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) to us together?

Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand.
Thanks.
Reference URL's