Yealink Forums

Full Version: Jitter buffer clarifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

Could you please elaborate a bit on the different jitter buffer options and how they work?
The manual is a bit thin on the details...

Take the "Min Delay" value for example, in the context of an adaptive jitter buffer.
Does a min value of 30 mean "Create a jitter buffer capable of holding a minimum of 30ms of audio" ?
Or does it mean "Tolerate jitter below 30ms before creating an adaptive jitter buffer"?
Hi Stefan,
It means after receiving voice packets, the jitter buffer will make it delay 30ms, after that, play the voice from jitter buffer.
It will depend on the network to delay a range from Minimum Delay time to Maximum Delay time.
(08-14-2013 02:24 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Stefan,
It means after receiving voice packets, the jitter buffer will make it delay 30ms, after that, play the voice from jitter buffer.
It will depend on the network to delay a range from Minimum Delay time to Maximum Delay time.

How can I disable the Jitter Buffer ?
Hi Ting Fung,
This is Andrew from Yealink Technical Support Team, nice to work with you.

Could you kindly tell me what the type and firmware of your IP Phone?
And could you tell me why you want to disable the Jitter Buffer?

The jitter buffer, located at the receiving end of the voice connection, intentionally delays the arriving packets so that the end user experiences a clear connection with very little sound distortion. I suggest that you could make the delay time smaller, rather than disable the feature. You can log in the web ui of the phone , go to Setting->Voice to adjust the delay time.

Any question, please let me know.
Best Regards,
Andrew
Reference URL's