Yealink Forums

Full Version: Multicast paging worked but no longer works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a lot of t28p phones with firmware 2.70.0.103, using 3cx.

We use Snoms for our paging, but in a couple of areas, we were using T28 with the new multicast paging feature, which was working, but it suddenly stopped, and we cannot get it working again on any T28. Paging still works as always on the SNOMs, so we know our networking is fine, and switch settings have not changed.

The interesting thing is, the phone receives the multicast signal, and displays properly, and the phone double beeps and then clicks like it wants to receive the audio, but nothing comes out of the speaker.

Can you suggest something for me to try?

Thanks,

phil

just noticed one difference between my snoms (where paging works) and t28 (paging doesn't work) and that's that the snom LAN address is static on 192.168.75.x:2048, and the yealink phones are DHCP and are using ports 5062, 5063, 5064, etc. could this be a factor?
check the audio codec in use as the static ip vs dhcp ip should not matter. multicast is using a different address range - right? ie: 239.0.0.1:50001

Code:
################################################################################​#######
##                              Multicast                                            ##                                            
################################################################################​#######

#Configure the codec of multicast paging.
multicast.codec = PCMU

#Enbale or diable the phone to handle the incoming multicast paging calls when there is a multicast paging call on the phone; 0-Disabled, 1-Enabled (default);
#If enabled, the phone will answer the incoming multicast paging call with a higher priority and ignore that with a lower priority.
multicast.receive_priority.enable = 0

#Configure the priority of multicast paging calls. It ranges from 0 to 10.
multicast.receive_priority.priority = 0

#Configure the listening multicast IP address and port number for the phone. X ranges from 1 to 10.
#multicast.listen_address.X.ip_address =
multicast.listen_address.1.ip_address = 239.0.0.1:50001

#Configure the lable displayed on the LCD screen when receiving the multicast paging. X ranges from 1 to 10.
#multicast.listen_address.X.label =
multicast.listen_address.1.label = PAGE
[quote='craigreilly' pid='2860' dateline='1376335234']
check the audio codec in use as the static ip vs dhcp ip should not matter. multicast is using a different address range - right? ie: 239.0.0.1:50001

[code]
## Multicast ##

multicast.codec = PCMU
correct

where can I paste the text here - since most / all of the config files seem to be xml, not txt files.

################################################################################​​#######
## Multicast ##
################################################################################​​#######

multicast.codec = PCMU

the common cfg files seem all to be in use - what has to happen to edit those, stop phone system?
Not sure what system you are on - so I can not help you...
I just know the Config files from Yealink are CFG files - which contain plain text.
Reference URL's