Yealink Forums

Full Version: RPID headers problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently having some issues with the RPID headers on SIP messages and a T26P running firmware version We use Asterisk version as our IP-PBX.

We are trying to display the name and number of the dialed facility in the phone based on the RPID header we sent during the call setup. Our voicemail facility is accessed dialing *97 and if we try to set the RPID header to send "Voicemail *97" <sip:*97@>" the message ('Voicemail *97') is not displayed in the phone. If we change the RPID SIP part to something else, for example "Voicemail *97" <sip:*99@>" everything works fine. I have done many tests with different options and strings an my conclusion is that the '<sip:XXX@' part of the RPID header have to be different than the number dialed or otherwise the phone will ignore the RPID header.

Here are a couple of examples of the complete headers:

- Don't work:
Remote-Party-ID: "Voicemail *97" <sip:*97@>;party=called;privacy=off;screen=no

- Work as expected:
Remote-Party-ID: "Voicemail *97" <sip:*99@>;party=called;privacy=off;screen=no

We have used many other phones from other vendors and have always been able to modify the display on the phones based on the RPID even if the number dialed is the same as the one placed in the header.

Do you think this could be something you guys can check and see if can be fixed in any way?

Thanks in advance!
Hi ezubillaga,
So if you use "Remote-Party-ID: "Voicemail *97" <sip:*97@>;party=called;privacy=off;screen=no", when you dial *97, the phone can only display "*97", but can't display "Voicemail *97", right?

Could you provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand.
Correct, using "Remote-Party-ID: "Voicemail *97" <sip:*97@>;party=called;privacy=off;screen=no" cause the phone display "*97"

Attached config.bin, syslog.tar and 2 pcap files, one using "Remote-Party-ID: "Voicemail *97" <sip:*97@>;party=called;privacy=off;screen=no" and other using "Remote-Party-ID: "Voicemail *97" <sip:*98@>;party=called;privacy=off;screen=no" which causes the display change as expected.


Thanks Erasmo,
Let me submit to R&D to check, any update will let you know ASAP.
Thanks to you. Please let me know if you find anything.
Reference URL's