Yealink Forums

Full Version: Tone during call on T26 and T28P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

We have a system setup with about 20 extensions and 16 hard phones, and we only seem to have an issue with 2. There is 1 Yealink T26P and 1 Yealink T28P phone that very randomly decide to make a tone in the users speaker. It sounds to me like the tone to notify you of a new voicemail that chirps every so often, but it does it very fast and constantly.

It will go away if the user hangs up the phone, but it will persist if they put the call on hold and pick it back up. The behavior seems to happen about once per day on a call, but again, the timing seems to be completely random. We thought that it originally was related to voicemails being present on the extension and waiting to be listened to and cleared due to the tone sounding similar, but we have since figured out that there is no correlation to voicemails being present.

We do have several other T26P phones on the network with no issues, but no other T28P phones. All Yealink phones, including these, are running the 3CX version of their firmware.

What should I do to troubleshoot this issue further? Would a wireshark capture help?

Thanks,

Seth
Hi Seth,
1. What's the firmware are you using?
2. So the problem is when T26P talk with T28P,sometimes there will be "dudu" tone during the call? And this tone will lasts the whole call? Or just happen one time during a call?
Is it possible to provide us the recording of this tone?
3. What about if Yealink phone talk with other brand phones? This issue will also happen on Yealink phone side?
4. Could you provide PCAP trace(or wireshark trace), syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand.
Thanks.
(08-08-2013 02:28 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Seth,

1. What's the firmware are you using? The 3CX Version of the firmware (sorry, I forgot to mention except in passing that it is being used on a 3CX phone system) X.70.0.103 depending on the model of phone.

2. So the problem is when T26P talk with T28P,sometimes there will be "dudu" tone during the call? And this tone will lasts the whole call? Or just happen one time during a call? The tone lasts the whole call until you hang up. If you put the call on hold and pick it back up, the tone persists.

Is it possible to provide us the recording of this tone? Yes, I have it attached to the thread now.

3. What about if Yealink phone talk with other brand phones? This issue will also happen on Yealink phone side? We have had the issue happen with outside calls and internal calls from Yealink to another Yealkink.

4. Could you provide PCAP trace(or wireshark trace), syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand. I will try to get you this in the next day or two when the problem occurs again and I have time to set this up.

Thanks.
I believe I have the same issue. Was there a resolution to this? I have what sounds like a fast busy signal during some calls. I also run 3CX version 11. If the user records the call, it does not show up. I had to have them put it on speaker and record the call from another phone next to it. If I switch out phones, it stops. I could not find the recording on this thread to confirm its the same tone, but from the sounds of this it is the same. I don't know if I have a rash of bad phones or what. Any ideas or input is appreciated.
So the bad news is, I never did get a good definitive answer that fixed my issue...I replaced the phones with different units, and reused the offending phones in other lower volume call areas without the issue repeating.

Please let me know if you come up with anything by updating the thread, but I didn't have any more time to fight it.

Thanks,

Seth

(10-08-2013 06:00 AM)jdhonse Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I have the same issue. Was there a resolution to this? I have what sounds like a fast busy signal during some calls. I also run 3CX version 11. If the user records the call, it does not show up. I had to have them put it on speaker and record the call from another phone next to it. If I switch out phones, it stops. I could not find the recording on this thread to confirm its the same tone, but from the sounds of this it is the same. I don't know if I have a rash of bad phones or what. Any ideas or input is appreciated.
Hi
Very sorry for your inconvenience.
We have submitted the problem and R&D did some modification in new version.
Please upgrade to latest version 71:
T28: http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T2X/T2X-V7....0.140.zip
T26: http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T2X/T2X-V7....0.140.zip

Thanks
Do you know when the updated version of the 3CX firmware will be available?

What is the notable differences between the 3CX firmware and the normal firmware? I know for 3CX support, we are supposed to run their firmware, but I don't know how big of a deal that really is.

Thanks,

Seth
Yes, this causes a real issue with 3CX. They only support the one firmware. I just sent them a support request asking what they think, but anymore advice from Yealink??
I think I have a similar problem; the only difference is that the tone is long. I have just update to v71 firmware and I use asterisk based PBX.
Hi all,
Sorry for the inconvenience and late reply.
3CX firmware is test in the 3CX PBX and will be good compatiable with 3CX, but you can also use our normal version.
They don't have many differences.
You can refer to below release note.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T2X/T2X-V7...n%2071.pdf
Could you try to upgrade to the latest v71 version and test again?
Reference URL's