Yealink Forums

Full Version: Voicemail and T46G freaking out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PBX: Asterisk v11.3.0 with pollmailboxes=yes
T46G: Subscribe to MWI = Disabled, Subscribe MWI to Voice Mail = Disabled, Firmware Tested: 28.71.0.85, 28.71.0.105

When I get a voicemail, the T46G's power LED flashes, I get a four beeps or so through the speaker and a popup message on the LCD which says "New Voice Mail(1)". All of this is normal so far...

If I don't do anything, after some time (it could be a few seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes - it seems kind of random) the LCD screen will flash back to the default screen (with no popup message) followed by flashing back the "New Voice Mail(1)" popup message and flash back to the default LCD screen. It will do this three or four times per second and eventually settle back to the popup message. Sometimes it will repeat this series of flashes every five seconds or so, other times it will do this every minute or so or every 5 minutes. Again, the timing seems random. Every 10 or so of these cycles, the phone will also beep four times, just as it did to notify me that I received a new voicemail initially. The beeps are now in addition to the LCD flashes.

If I press the "View" softkey, the phone will show me the correct info for my voicemail account. Pressing the "Back" softkey brings me back to the default LCD screen. However, after a few seconds/minutes, the series of popups and flashing LCD screen returns.

If I press the "Cancel" softkey, the popup message on the LCD is cleared and I'm returned to the default LCD. Again, this will only last a few seconds/minutes before the LCD begins flashing again.

If I let the phone stay in this state (without using the phone at all or pressing any keys) for an extended period of time (over an hour). The phone will either lock up completely (I cannot press any keys on the phone at all and I cannot access the phone though its web interface) or the phone will automatically reboot itself. The only thing I can do if the phone is locked up is reboot it by pulling the PoE cable or power cycling the phone from the PoE switch.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Does anyone know if it's a config setting on Asterisk or the T46G? Is this a firmware bug? Voicemail and MWI is working correctly on all of our other non-Yealink phones. Unfortunately, I only have one T46G that I'm evaluating so can't tell if this is something specific to this phone or something more general.
Hi Boolah,
So now there are two issues?
1. The voicemail indicator will happened with a random time, but your other phones with the same Asterisk(same account) will not have this issue?
2. If you leave the phone for about an hour, it will lock up or reboot automatically?
3. Did you try to reset to factory default?
4. If the problem is still, could you provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand.
Thanks.
We have this issue also, with the T46G we are testing. I haven't had it lock up like you describe but it does "freak out" every now and then when there are messages waiting.

When a new message arrives, it beeps and shows the New Voicemail screen like it should.

Then, a random time later (for me it seems to be several minutes to a couple of hours), it will do its "freak out" thing - beeping a bunch of times and flashing back and forth several times between the New Voicemail window and the main display.

Then it settles down and acts normal for awhile.

We are running Freeswitch 1.2.9.
Nice to know I'm not alone. I emailed Yealink support all the requested files, but haven't heard anything back from them. I hope that means they've managed to identify the issue and resolve it in the next firmware update.

UPDATE: I upgraded the PBX to Asterisk v11.5.0 and the T46G firmware to 28.71.0.108 and the "flashing" problem persists. I haven't had the chance to see if the phone will lock up or not yet, but will update this post if it does.

UPDATE #2: I left a new voicemail in my mailbox and went out for the day. When I came back (approximately 10 hours later), the T46G was beeping constantly through the speakerphone and was completely unresponsive to any buttons. (The beeping was the same beep that you normally get to notify you of a new voice mail, but it was continuous and would not stop.) I tried to connect to the web interface, and I was able to connect. I entered my username and password and the web interface simply hung, so I was not able to even get to the initial Status screen. After approximately 20 minutes of the phone beeping continuously (it might have been more - I only heard 20 minutes of it beeping), it automatically rebooted itself. This was with firmware version 28.71.0.108, so I'm guessing this issue is still outstanding.
Hi Boolah,
Sorry but we didn't receive your emails with files. Which email address you sent? And what's your email address? So we can check again.
Could you send them again? We really want to analyze this issue.
Thanks.
(08-19-2013 04:33 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Boolah,
Sorry but we didn't receive your emails with files. Which email address you sent? And what's your email address? So we can check again.
Thanks.

PM sent and email with attachments have been resent as well.
(08-19-2013 06:09 PM)Boolah Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2013 04:33 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Boolah,
Thanks.

PM sent and email with attachments have been resent as well.

Thanks Boolah,
I already checked with our support.usa guys, they forgot to reply to you about this progress, actually they already submitted this issue to R&D, any update will let you know ASAP.
In case anyone is having this issue, Yealink has finally tracked down and fixed this problem (which turned out to be a problem with the phone's GUI). It's fixed as of [beta] firmware version 28.71.0.187

I just want to thank Yealink, and Ailsa in particular, for their support in resolving this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Hi Boolah,

Thanks for your cooperation and praise.
It is our honor to serve for you.
Same issue here. Where can we get this beta?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's