Yealink Forums

Full Version: Bulk Config file generation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, A firend and I have banged together a couple of Linux Bash scripts that allow you to customize your Yealink Template for version 6 and 7 firmwares. You can then also setup custom extensions and network information for each extension. I have tied it into an excel spreadsheet that will bulk generate the syntax to be copied into the script and also outputs the bulk extensions file for FreePBX, it also sets up the RPS formats.

You can bulk generate 100 configs in about 10 seconds, it also auto copies the newly created configs into the TFTP directory. after all of this it takes around 60 seconds to setup a phone, from boot to configured...

Just want to find out if this is interesting to anyone?

Thanks
No one interested?
Hi Dilly,
Thanks for your sharing.
Do you mean you develop a tool that can generate mac.cfg files in batch?
We are intersted in it, could you share all the informations and scripts?
Thanks very much.
Hello,

The script basically contains the mac.cfg and the 0000000000.cfg template according to the model in a control file, it ties in to an excel spreadsheet that allows for quick propogating of the RPS server and the Linux script you then run the script it genrates the configs and the template (one per model of phone) and auto copies them into the TFTP directory on the server. It works well. I am just not sure if if I can sell this or should give it away for free.
FYI...

I have modded and tested this script on all models of Yealink VOIP phones.

The only ones it doesn't work on are the W52P and the Video Phones.

All the other models are tested and working! Including the T4X and T3X range!
(08-12-2014 10:57 PM)dilly Wrote: [ -> ]FYI...

I have modded and tested this script on all models of Yealink VOIP phones.

The only ones it doesn't work on are the W52P and the Video Phones.

All the other models are tested and working! Including the T4X and T3X range!

could you provide link of this tool so I can test it here at my office
Mali the script hasn't been released yet...I am still thinking about it, do you think there would be much interest?
Reference URL's