Yealink Forums

Full Version: Languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

I need translations for all available models for Dutch.
After contacting support by email I received the English files for the T41, T42 and T46 with a manual on how to do this.

This is nice, but it would be better if it was possible to download the language files for all models instead of having to request them to yealink support.
Or maybe have the option to export the language file from the web interface of the phone.

So if you get a new model and need a translation: log in on phone, export english language and start translating.
Or if a new firmware upgrade has new strings (not sure if this would happen), you can easily get the correct language file for the phone you have.

Rgds,
Wim.
Hi Wimdv,

Thanks to your opinions. I will make some FAQs which will include some languages files for each model.
Is there anyone who has GB language file for T48G FW 35.72.0.5

I'd love to have the above to make a Danish language file.
Please check attach language file for GUI.
(03-02-2014 04:03 AM)FlexGert Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyone who has GB language file for T48G FW 35.72.0.5

I'd love to have the above to make a Danish language file.
I want to add a new language “Russian” to SIP - T46G IP phones (rom 28.72.0.25).
Using FAQ and documentation:
I configured the parameter “gui_lang.url =” in the configuration file: gui_lang.url = tftp://192.168.1.100/lang-Russian.txt
After update, can not find a new language selection “Russian” on the phone user interface: Menu->Basic->Language.
I tried configure the parameter “gui_lang.url =” in the configuration file: gui_lang.url = tftp://192.168.1.100/10.GUI.Russian.lang
After update, can not find a new language selection “Russian” on the phone user interface: Menu->Basic->Language.

Language file from this thread.

Log file:
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > NAME: [ gui_lang.url ]
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > download file success!!
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > Bin file size : 1B
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > MD5 is same
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > *** END [NO CHANGE]

ls factory/language
10.GUI.Russian.lang
10.GUI.Russian.lang.MD5
lang-Russian.txt
lang-Russian.txt.MD5

Any help?
(06-05-2014 02:45 PM)aleokos Wrote: [ -> ]I want to add a new language “Russian” to SIP - T46G IP phones (rom 28.72.0.25).
Using FAQ and documentation:
I configured the parameter “gui_lang.url =” in the configuration file: gui_lang.url = tftp://192.168.1.100/lang-Russian.txt
I tried configure the parameter “gui_lang.url =” in the configuration file: gui_lang.url = tftp://192.168.1.100/10.GUI.Russian.lang

Language file from this thread.

Log file:
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > NAME: [ gui_lang.url ]
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > download file success!!
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > Bin file size : 1B
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > MD5 is same
Jun 5 05:44:10 AUTP[369]: AUTP<6+info > *** END [NO CHANGE]

ls factory/language
10.GUI.Russian.lang
10.GUI.Russian.lang.MD5
lang-Russian.txt
lang-Russian.txt.MD5

Any help?

Exactly the same for me Sad ... looking forward to a solution - it's very confusing with all the different versions of Language files floating around.

Also, I've just noticed that the 'History_Idle' key shows literally 'History_Idle' on-screen on my 35.72.0.10 (T48) but in the English language files I've found it has 'History_Idle' = 'History' so I don't know why it's not displaying the correct text.

But yes, I've tried exactly those steps above and a number of others but I cannot add new languages or modify the existing English language either Sad

C.
Hey Habile

Pls. look thread #16, #17, #18, #19 and #20 - it's pretty simpel, keine hekserei.... (o:
(06-06-2014 07:45 AM)FlexGert Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Habile

Pls. look thread #16, #17, #18, #19 and #20 - it's pretty simpel, keine hekserei.... (o:

Yes, I appreciate it looks to be pretty simple but sadly it just doesn't work for me. All that happens is that all of the text reverts to the untranslated text, e.g. History becomes 'History_Idle' - 'Date & Time' becomes 'Date & Time' (instead of Time & Date).

I used and modified the English language file (from this thread) but no luck. I tried to create a new language using the same file and making the appropriate modifications, still no luck.

The file is pulled from the tftp server OK and is processed (MD5 sum detected as different etc.). I simply cannot see why it is failing.

C.
(edit: I was going to try with your Danish file but I can't download it from the forum for some reason)

OK, so I sorted it, kind of.

My tftp server runs on Linux. In order to be able to edit the file from post #24 above I had to strip out all of the NULL (^@) characters and carriage returns. It seems the Yealink did not like this one little bit.

I thought it may have been just the null characters that was an issue so I stripped those and left the carriage returns in - still no luck Sad

So, it seems the file must have a dumb null character after every single character - this makes it a nightmare to work with on anything but Windows!

C.
Huh!
I solved my problem.
I found language file for Russian in FAQ, but for old ROM (ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink....sian.lang)

When i opened it, i saw encoding UTF16-LE !!!!!
But when i used English language file for translate, i used UTF-8.
After change file encoding to UTF16-LE, Oh! Miracle! I can see my language selection, and it works.

I hope, this will save someone's time
(06-06-2014 01:37 PM)aleokos Wrote: [ -> ]Huh!
I solved my problem.
I found language file for Russian in FAQ, but for old ROM (ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink....sian.lang)

When i opened it, i saw encoding UTF16-LE !!!!!
But when i used English language file for translate, i used UTF-8.
After change file encoding to UTF16-LE, Oh! Miracle! I can see my language selection, and it works.

I hope, this will save someone's time

Hmmm... I must have missed that in the documentation. Originally I just copied and pasted the text in the browser, but when downloaded directly I indeed see:

/tftpboot# file 0.GUI.English.lang
0.GUI.English.lang: Little-endian UTF-16 Unicode text, with CRLF, CR line terminators

and to edit in vi correctly, load the file and use the command: :e ++enc=utf16le

You learn something new each and every day... remembering it however is a talent I have yet to master!

Thanks.
C
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's