Yealink Forums

Full Version: Auto line option missing under DSSKey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Unlike T28P, when the 2nd and 3rd calls come in it doesn't ring on any of unassigned line keys and it is very hard to retrieve them from hold. This is because the available choices under DSSKey line assignment are Line 1 through Line 6. On T28 we have an additional choice of "Auto".

If I program the other 5 line keys and assign them to Line 1, I see same extensions number (labels) pop up on the display which doesn't look professional.

Some of our customers have 4 extensions. This is common with shared front desk receptionist answering for multiple Doctors. If I assign the other 2 unused keys to, say line 1, it will make it easy to put 2 calls on hold and retrieve from hold when the calls are for line 1. But if 3 calls come in on line 2, it is hard to handle those calls.

Is there a way around this problem, or any possibility to put that function back in the next firmware release?

Thank you,
Barnabas
Hi Barnabas,
Now when you assign all the line keys as line 1 on T46G, when there's second call, the second line key will blink green, so you can know there's second call, and press Answer to answer the second call.
And if you want to switch these two calls, you can press SWAP to switch these calls, the calls which was held will blink green, so you can know which is current call, and which calls were held.
On T28P, even you assign the line key as AUTO, it will also display the same lable of the same account.

So any misunderstanding of this problem? If yes, could you explain to us again?
Thanks.
Hi Administrator,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I can assign all lines keys as Line 1 and it works fine. But there are a couple of problems:
1- The screen is filled with 6 labels of the same extension. On T28 it would show only one extension which looks very clean and professional.
2- If I have 4 different extensions on the same T46 phone (some of our customers have an average of 4 extensions on a single phone), then I have to "dedicate" the other 2 free line keys to one of the extensions. It would be nice if I could "share" the free line keys with any of the extensions with the "Auto" option such that when a 2nd call for any of the 4 extensions comes in, it would ring on one of those free line keys.

T28 is an ideal example. Hope this features is restored.

Regards,
_Joseph
Reference URL's