Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G and Plantronics CS510 Headset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just switched the entire office over from an old Samsung phone system, to Asterisk and a bunch of T46G phones. Quite a few of our users are tech support, and wear headsets all day - specifically Plantronics CS510 headsets. On the old phones, we used their hookswitch lifter, the HL10 - basically you plug the handset into a splitter, and plug the headset cable into the handset jack on the phone.

We had hoped not to need the hookswitch lifter on these T46G phones, since they have a dedicated headset port and the button for enabling the headset. Headset works just fine - if you answer the call using the softkeys on the phone. We cannot get the answer button on the headset itself to work. I played around with it for an hour, and finally gave up, and stuck the handset lifter on, and wired both headset and handset into the headset port on the T46G.

Is there any way to make this headset work properly, and be able to answer calls from the headset, without having to resort to the handset lifter?

Thanks!

Jim
(07-26-2013 10:51 PM)jfmorris Wrote: [ -> ]I've just switched the entire office over from an old Samsung phone system, to Asterisk and a bunch of T46G phones. Quite a few of our users are tech support, and wear headsets all day - specifically Plantronics CS510 headsets. On the old phones, we used their hookswitch lifter, the HL10 - basically you plug the handset into a splitter, and plug the headset cable into the handset jack on the phone.

We had hoped not to need the hookswitch lifter on these T46G phones, since they have a dedicated headset port and the button for enabling the headset. Headset works just fine - if you answer the call using the softkeys on the phone. We cannot get the answer button on the headset itself to work. I played around with it for an hour, and finally gave up, and stuck the handset lifter on, and wired both headset and handset into the headset port on the T46G.

Is there any way to make this headset work properly, and be able to answer calls from the headset, without having to resort to the handset lifter?

Thanks!

Jim

You likely need one of these...http://www.yealink.com/product_info.aspx?ProductsCateID=195&CateId=148&BaseInfoCateId=195&Cate_Id=195&parentcateid=148

I'm not 100% if they are compatible with the T46, but they are used for the 2X and 3X phones.
(07-30-2013 01:30 AM)kg4ysy Wrote: [ -> ]You likely need one of these...http://www.yealink.com/product_info.aspx?ProductsCateID=195&CateId=148&BaseInfoCateId=195&Cate_Id=195&parentcateid=148

I'm not 100% if they are compatible with the T46, but they are used for the 2X and 3X phones.

Thanks - I had found those too, but the description does not mention compatibility with the T46g, so I am hesitant to go off and buy a half dozen of these, until I know a little more.
Hi Jfmorris,
Sorry actually now we are still making compatible test with wireless headset, after we release commercial firmware of T46G, we will also public a compatible table with wireless headset, there maybe some different with T2/T3 series.
Ok - thanks for letting me know. I will just use our hookswitch lifters then.
Reference URL's