Yealink Forums

Full Version: Auto-provisioning T28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Yealink Community,

I am attempting to do an automated install process using the Yealink RPS feature that has recently been released. That being said, I want to be able to do the install all in one shot, without having to manually log in to an individual phone just to change a few settings.

I was 95% successful, until I noticed that I was not able to change certain features on the Line Key and Memory (DSS) keys.

For instance, because the phones are pulling from the y000000000000.cfg to obtain the configuration for the Line and Memory keys, I cannot individually customize each phone.

Ex:
#Configure Memory Key1
memorykey.1.line = 1
memorykey.1.value = 9545552358
memorykey.1.pickup_value =
memorykey.1.type = 13-SpeedDial
memorykey.1.xml_phonebook =

I originally thought that this could be done thru the MAC-Address.cfg configuration file, but those settings are not available.

I know this is a simple change going thru the phone interface, but when you are dealing with 50+ phones, this simple task quickly grows to be a couple hours.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Jdelosrios

You might already know that when a Yealink phone (T28) boots up it downloads y000000000000.cfg then overwrites it with whatever there is in MAC-Address.cfg. Any of those configuration parameters may appear in any of these two files. I assume that you already know that the Mac address should be all lower case to work.

Individual customization goes into the MAC-Address.cfg.

The only time I've seem part of the configuration no tloadign because there was a wrong parameter or a type in the file.

Barnabas
I can confirm that entering the custom DSS key options in the mac config file does work. It looks like they just aren't in the tempate, but the phone still honors any settings that it recognizes.
(07-30-2013 04:24 AM)bnelson Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that entering the custom DSS key options in the mac config file does work. It looks like they just aren't in the tempate, but the phone still honors any settings that it recognizes.

Would it be possible to give example of such an custom option please
Reference URL's