Yealink Forums

Full Version: EXP40 Backlight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way to change the intensity of the LCD backlight on the EXP40? If not, is this option something that can be added in a future firmware update?
Hi Boolah,
Now you can access to webpage-Setting-Preference, and adjust below two options:
Backlight Idle Intensity
Backlight On Intensity
These two options can take effect both on T46G and EXP40.
You can have a try.
This only somewhat works (in fact, it works so poorly that I didn't think changing this setting affected the EXP40 at all).

Irrespective of the setting, the backlight on the EXP40 is not the same brightness as that of the T46G. There is very little difference on the EXP40 when changing the backlight intensity between 3 and 10, whereas the T46G gets much brighter/dimmer as the values are changed. There is a drastic difference on the EXP40 between backlight values of 3 and 2. Setting a value of 1 or 2 virtually turns the backlight on the EXP40 off completely where, with the same values, the T46G gets progressively dimmer.

Perhaps I have a defective EXP40 (I only have one as I'm testing the phone). Can anyone else confirm this behavior? I'm running firmware version 28.71.0.85
Hi Boolah,
You are correct, the brightness of EXP40 is different from T46G phones, because their LCD is different, T46G is color display, while EXP40 is black and while.
So you want they have the same Backlight of Intensity and level?
I wouldn't think you could have one setting that controls both the EXP40 and T46G because of their different LCDs. Independent backlight intensity controls for the EXP40 and T46G would allow more flexibility.
Ok, let me submit this to our product department to evaluate, any update will let you know ASAP.
Thanks.
I have same issue. It's too bright and need to adjust both.
Same here, all our EXP40 displays are lit up while the T46G displays are sleeping. Is there any way to control these separately to get them in balance?
Hi SixFive7,

Sorry, we can't. It is fixed in the firmware. Confused
Lucas - you are mistaken - it is BROKEN in the firmware - YEALINK needs to FIX IT IN the FIRMWARE.

AASTRA, POLYCOM, CISCO do not have these problems - we need a fix

THANKS
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's