Yealink Forums

Full Version: Bug with mute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On my T46Gs, the "mute" button is not working if, during a call, you pass some DTMF.
I will try yo explain better:
- Call someone
- Send some DTMF on the call (pin request, etc)
- Mute button doesn't work anymore.

I was able to find a workaround: If you program a softkey with the "mute" function, you are able to use that key to mute the call. Still, i think this is a bug and i would like to be able to use the regular mute button.
Hi Markino,
Do you mean when you press DTMF, then press MUTE button immediately, it will not mute immediately? You should press MUTE button again, then the call will be Mute?
Could you let us know when you will use MUTE button like this? Generally when you press DTMF, user will not press MUTE button immediately.
Any way, this is a problem, we will submit this issue, it's better that you can share us your application scenarios.
Thanks.
No need to press mute immediately. After you send any DTMF on an established call, mute doesn't work anymore. You can send DTMF, then talk for one, five, ten minutes. If now you try to mute, the mute button doesn't work.
The typical scenario for this would be a phone conference: you call a phone number, the service asks you to enter a pin number. You enter the pin and get connected with the other parties on the call. You introduce yourself, speak for a little while, then, in order not to generate too much noise on the conference, press the mute button, and nothing happens.
Hi Markino,
Here i use the firmware 28.71.0.85, and it seems works well, could you have a try?
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink....1.0.85.rom
Thanks.
Why are these firmwares not posted on the support page?
I am on 28.71.0.81 because there are no posted firmwares: http://yealink.com/SupportDownloadfiles_...0&flag=142

However, this new firrmware (28.71.0.85) exhibits same behavior. After hitting any number key, the MUTE button does not work for the remainder of the call.
Also, if you put the phone on MUTE then hit any of the number keys, you can not UNMUTE.
Hi Craigreilly,
1. Why are these firmwares not posted on the support page?
Because we still not release commercial firmware yet, only commercial firmware will put to our website. Now the firmware you are using is still beta firmware, we will release commercial firmware next month.
2. Sorry could you provide PCAP trace, syslog(level 6) and config.bin file to us, so we can analyze?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand.
Thanks.
I am having the same results Mute is not working. (28.71.0.85)
files attached as requested
Thanks for your files Craigreilly.
But i see there's only BYE message in your PCAP trace, but not the whole call information including DTMF operation.
Could you provide the trace with the whole process for us again?

And today, i tried with our conference system, after i enter the conference ID and pin and talk with other attendees, the hardkey Mute button works well. When i press it, others can't hear my voice, then i press it again, the voice recover.
So is it possible to provide some test accounts for us testing at our side?

Anyway, here i will submit this to our R&D to check together.
Thanks.
Hello all,
Some other customers met silimar issue, and we released a new firmware to fix this.
Please upgrade to the firmware 28.71.0.105.rom to try again:
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.....0.105.rom
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's