Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48 and T46 Remote Phonebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have several T46 and 1 T48 phone. XML Remote phonebook displays and works properly on T46 with firmware 28.73.0.50. However, when updating the T46 to 28.80.0.x, it does not function correctly. It connects to the phone book, and it can be scrolled through but will not dial properly, 'Not Found' it says. Downgrade firmware back to 28.73.0.50 it works properly again. Inbound look-up also works until firmware is upgraded.

The T48 has the same issue, however it does not work with any version of firmware. When searching on ether handset, the results do not list properly, they show the first letter or two and the first number or two then periods. For example, Pa.... on the name line and 92..... on the number line. With the t46 on the older firmware, it will list most of the name and most of the number if not all.

Any ideas why remote phone can be accessed but not function properly on the latests firmware of the T46 or on a T48 handset?

I would not assume an XML problem since it works perfectly on the older firmware of the T46.

Thanks for any help.
As an update to my own post...I found an issue in the XML file. I had tabs in places there should not have been any. For example, before and after the actual name and number. For whatever reason, the older firmware on the t46 didn't mind this being there but the newer firmware and the t48 doesn't like it. Going through the XML and removing all tabs between <Name>&</Name> and <Telephone>&</Telephone> has everything working again. I hope this helps someone else sometime.

WRONG: <DirectoryEntry> <Name> **NAME** </Name> <Telephone> **PHONE NUMBER** </Telephone> </DirectoryEntry>
RIGHT: <DirectoryEntry><Name>**NAME**</Name><Telephone>**PHONE NUMBER**</Telephone></DirectoryEntry>
Reference URL's