Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G Sidetone Adjustment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far the T46G is a wonderful phone! Is there a way to adjust the handset sidetone on this phone through a configuration file entry?

Compared to other phones I've installed (Aastra 57i for example) the sidetone is almost non-existent. In user tests the users weren't sure the call was still connected. The Aastra is also configurable for sidetone.
Hi Brian,
We will improve the sidetone in the next version, but now we still have no accurate time for it.
(07-05-2013 02:38 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Brian,
We will improve the sidetone in the next version, but now we still have no accurate time for it.

The Sidetone can in fact be turned on through a configuration file entry! add the entry voice.side_tone = -3 to the global configuration for the T4XG which would be: y000000000028.cfg or the appropriate mac file and magically Sidetone will start to function (after a reboot).

This is a night and day difference and makes the phone much more usable. Yealink needs to add a web configuration screen item for this immediately.
Hi Brian,
I already submitted to our product department for this request, any update will let you know ASAP.
Thanks.
Some of this thread content is missing but the last part of the conversation was noting that sometimes the setting for sidetone just won't take effect without multiple provision now requests, changing a value in the global config file or a power down.

Update: Testing verifies that after a firmware upgrade the phone ignores the sidetone parameter unless you change the value, Autoprovision Now, change the value back, Auto Provision Now and then pick up the handset, switch between speaker and handset. After all that the value will take effect!
Update:
Testing verifies that after a firmware upgrade the phone ignores the sidetone parameter unless you change the value, Autoprovision Now, change the value back, Auto Provision Now and then pick up the handset, switch between speaker and handset. After all that the value will take effect!
Simply saving the file WITHOUT making a change doesn't work.

I did have one phone exhibit this behavior this morning and another did not so there may be some issue that makes some T46G's more prone to this than others.
Hi Brian,
You should change your cfg file when you re-autoprovisioning, because if the phone detect that the cfg is the same as previous one, it will not provisioning again.
OK well that is where the problem is then! When you do a firmware upgrade the sidetone function is often reset. Since the phone sees that the autoprovision file hasn't changed it doesn't provision again which then leaves the sidetone at the default RATHER than at the proper value EVEN if you choose "AUTOPROVISON NOW".

FIRMWARE SOLUTION: 1. After a firmware upgrade the phone must re-provision even if it appears that nothing has changed. 2. The AUTOPROVISION NOW button in the GUI must force a re-provision.
Reference URL's