Yealink Forums

Full Version: CP960 use it as a speakerphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i want to use some of our Yealink HD IP conference Phones CP960 as a speakerphone to use microphone and speaker - connected over micro-usb on the CP960 to USB2 on a Windows 10 PC (22H2).
I don't want to use bluetooth.

I pluged in the cable to the CP960 and the PC ... nothing happened on both.
I tried another cable ... same silence.
I don't see the CP960 in hardware-overview or sound-settings ... nothing happened Sad

Firmware: 73.86.0.160

Is there something else to do?
Should it work like this?

Greets Stefan
I do not believe it should work like this.

(Same way as you don't expect your cellphone to act as a mic/speaker when connected to a PC with USB. This device is an independent phone meant to be used with phone service on itself.)
Hello,

hmmm .... i'm just wondering about that micro-usb port on the CP960 to connect it to a PC.

From the CP960 manual:
(11) Micro USB Port Enables you to connect the phone to the PC. Your phone will work as an external speaker and a microphone for your PC.

hmmmmm
(03-28-2024 11:34 PM)stefanp74 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

hmmm .... i'm just wondering about that micro-usb port on the CP960 to connect it to a PC.

From the CP960 manual:
(11) Micro USB Port Enables you to connect the phone to the PC. Your phone will work as an external speaker and a microphone for your PC.

hmmmmm

I stand corrected.

I tested it and indeed it works nicely for me (firmware version 73.86.0.20).

Do you see the "PC mode enabled" on the phone itself (see screenshot below)? Is the phone factory reset (to rule out configs that may disable it)? Maybe try some more cables.
Hello,

no, nothing happened on CP960 after connecting the cable to PC.
Is there a special setting to enable this function or is it depended by the firmware?
(03-29-2024 03:47 PM)stefanp74 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

no, nothing happened on CP960 after connecting the cable to PC.
Is there a special setting to enable this function or is it depended by the firmware?

I didn't enable anything specific and it works (there may be settings to disable it... but by default - as in my case - it's enabled.)

As said, I'd suggest to try on a phone after factory resetting it (and not configuring it with any way), and also try some other USB cables.
Factory reset done ... same problem
Changed cable ... same problem ... again and again ...
Changed PC ... same problem
Changed CP960 ... same problem

i changed cable again ... found one in an old box .... and ... and it works!

Is there a special specification for that cable?
Besause the other cables are working on other devices (not CP960) perfectly.
only 1 of 10 cables works ... so i wonder what's different?
all of them have a length under 1m

The problem is, the working cable is only 0,4m .... i need 5m Confused

hmmm
Reference URL's