Yealink Forums

Full Version: T43U handset only works when headset button is green
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched and didn't find an answer, but then again I don't see the mayo in the fridge and my wife points to it and it magically appears

We have about 35 SIP T43U phones in our office. One phone's handset wouldn't pass audio either to earpiece or mic this morning. I replaced cord and handset and no change. I upgraded the firmware to 108..86.0.90 and no change. I reset to factory config then reconfigured...no change.

When I lift the handset then hit the "headset button" and it liights up green and the handset now works properly. The handset is acting like it is a headset for some reason. When I hang up the handset the call doesn't end and if I press the headset button again (green headset button goes out) it goes to speaker phone, then I can hangup to end the call.

I am the only one who can log into the phone and I haven't logged in before today for over a year.

Any idea what happened that the headset button needs pressed for the handset to work all of a sudden?

Thanks,
Jay
(03-20-2024 11:35 PM)jaydub Wrote: [ -> ]I searched and didn't find an answer, but then again I don't see the mayo in the fridge and my wife points to it and it magically appears

We have about 35 SIP T43U phones in our office. One phone's handset wouldn't pass audio either to earpiece or mic this morning. I replaced cord and handset and no change. I upgraded the firmware to 108..86.0.90 and no change. I reset to factory config then reconfigured...no change.

When I lift the handset then hit the "headset button" and it liights up green and the handset now works properly. The handset is acting like it is a headset for some reason. When I hang up the handset the call doesn't end and if I press the headset button again (green headset button goes out) it goes to speaker phone, then I can hangup to end the call.

I am the only one who can log into the phone and I haven't logged in before today for over a year.

Any idea what happened that the headset button needs pressed for the handset to work all of a sudden?

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

There are 2 RJ9 ports on the back of the telephone.
A port for the handset and a port for a headset.
Is the handset plugged into the correct port?

See page 1 of the Quick Start Guide:
https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/do...9188c77dc4
(03-21-2024 02:08 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]There are 2 RJ9 ports on the back of the telephone.
A port for the handset and a port for a headset.
Is the handset plugged into the correct port?

When I went to check the phone, the user said, "Oh yeah, I unplugged the handset yesterday when cleaning." You were right. Thanks for the easy fix.

Ok, well I feel dumb!

Jay
Reference URL's