Yealink Forums

Full Version: T58W Pro screen stays black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I bought a T58W Pro and connected power and ethernet plug. The screen remains black with a YEALINK string flashing. I tried it with 4 different Routers, the T58 is not even seen by these routers.
What is the secret to make it work?
schogol
(03-20-2024 05:19 PM)schogol Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I bought a T58W Pro and connected power and ethernet plug. The screen remains black with a YEALINK string flashing. I tried it with 4 different Routers, the T58 is not even seen by these routers.
schogol

Hi,

DOA perhaps?
I recommend contacting the reseller and exchanging the phone for another one.
(03-20-2024 09:40 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
schogol

Hi,

DOA perhaps?

Thank you for your reply. It is the third device of that type with the same problem within 2 weeks, quite unlikely that they all were broken on arrival. But your answer make me think, that there is indeed no secret action to take to make the display actually display more the a yealink string after powering it up.
I bought it with Digitec/Galaxus in Switzerland, they are so called Yealink-partners but don't do any support....
(03-21-2024 12:19 AM)schogol Wrote: [ -> ]
schogol

Hi,

DOA perhaps?

Thank you for your reply. It is the third device of that type with the same problem within 2 weeks, quite unlikely that they all were broken on arrival. But your answer make me think, that there is indeed no secret action to take to make the display actually display more the a yealink string after powering it up.
I bought it with Digitec/Galaxus in Switzerland, they are so called Yealink-partners but don't do any support....

I assume that the network cable between phone and router and/or switch has been tested and that the phone is not powered via PoE.
(03-21-2024 02:16 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
schogol

Hi,

DOA perhaps?

I assume that the network cable between phone and router and/or switch has been tested and that the phone is not powered via PoE.

Right, tested with several different LAN cables and routers, and the device is powered by external power supply.
(03-21-2024 05:48 PM)schogol Wrote: [ -> ]
schogol

Hi,

DOA perhaps?

Right, tested with several different LAN cables and routers, and the device is powered by external power supply.

Then I really think that the phone is defective, because the device must be able to boot completely, regardless of whether it has a working network connection.
(03-21-2024 05:48 PM)schogol Wrote: [ -> ]
schogol

Hi,

DOA perhaps?

Ok, thanks a lot, at least I know now that it is supposed to work without running network connection, just by plugin in power. So I'll order the forth T58W, but this time from a company which promise to do support.
Thank you again.
the problem was: the power device....
As the phone had power obviously and the power device was new, nobody had the idea that it could be that it did not supply ENOUGH power.
Reference URL's