Yealink Forums

Full Version: W70B random reboots.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to Yealink and have a customer that has 6 W70B units across 3 locations 2x at each location.

Yealink has already RMA'ed 2 units for getting caught in a reboot loop.
I thought I was out of the woods, but today I had 2 units at different locations randomly reboot.

Has anyone else been experiencing this... Any suggestions on a fix?
Firmware is updated.

I am having a real hard time trusting the W70B.
(03-08-2024 07:26 AM)brian@hwdevelopment.com Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to Yealink and have a customer that has 6 W70B units across 3 locations 2x at each location.

Yealink has already RMA'ed 2 units for getting caught in a reboot loop.
I thought I was out of the woods, but today I had 2 units at different locations randomly reboot.

Has anyone else been experiencing this... Any suggestions on a fix?
Firmware is updated.

I am having a real hard time trusting the W70B.

Hi,

If the W70B base station is powered by PoE, I recommend using a standalone power supply and see if that solves your issue.
We have experienced issues at 4 separate client sites in the last month where bases appeared to be in a reboot loop. They would work for a short time after a factory reset, then the problem would return. After some experimenting, we have fixed all of them by replacing the 5V 600ma (0.6Amp) power supply that came with them with a 5V 2Amp Yealink power supply from a T54 or similar phone. The problem goes away instantly. Running them off PoE also works. This must be a wide-spread issue. Hope this helps.
Reference URL's