Yealink Forums

Full Version: Grandstream HT813 FXO to W70B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to connect a Grandstream HT813 FXO port to the W70B to allow inbound calls on my PSTN line to hit the W70B and be delivered to the DECT connected phones?

The HT813 supports a SIP registration and/or a proxy for the FXO port. The FXO port is physically connected to my PSTN line.

I see that the W70B has port 5060 listening so it looks like it allows sip incoming, but how would I connect to it from the HT813? Does the W70B support incoming/anonymous registration? Is there a way to set an inbound username/password? Is it as simple as setting up another "account" in the W70B interface? I can't seem to do this unless I use the address of an existing sip trunk. Can I use the W70B as a SIP proxy and put the target SIP details into the HT813 (username/account/password etc?)

Any help very much appreciated as I really don't understand how this all fits together.
I don't believe that something like this is possible.

The HT813 can register (as a SIP Client) to a SIP Server, but isn't a SIP Sever that the W70B should be able to register to it.
Ah. That is a shame. Is there some other way to connect an incoming PSTN line to the W70B?
(08-15-2023 11:03 PM)rainecc Wrote: [ -> ]Ah. That is a shame. Is there some other way to connect an incoming PSTN line to the W70B?

You would need a PBX device for that.
Thanks. I was kinda hoping to do it without a pbx, as that seems overkill for this one function. Wishful thinking I guess. What about the yealink CPN10? Would that help?

Any recommendations on the simplest free pbx that will let me do this?
(08-15-2023 11:17 PM)rainecc Wrote: [ -> ]What about the yealink CPN10? Would that help?
No. The W70B doesn't even have a USB port at all to connect this.
Perhaps I have chosen the wrong device? Is there a different yealink device that does support a USB that the W70B will connect to, or is there another FXO device out there that will connect to the W70B?
(08-15-2023 11:38 PM)rainecc Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps I have chosen the wrong device? Is there a different yealink device that does support a USB that the W70B will connect to, or is there another FXO device out there that will connect to the W70B?

No.

The W70B only has an Ethernet connection (to the network), and the only way for it to get calls is by having a SIP Server/SBC send calls to it.
The HT813 has an ethernet connection and will connect to a SIP server for incoming or outgoing... The W70B has a listener on ports 5060 and 5061 so it accepts incoming SIP. Naively, I thought that these two things would connect.

So if I install a PBX I can connect the w70B and the HT813 to that, right?
(08-15-2023 11:58 PM)rainecc Wrote: [ -> ]So if I install a PBX I can connect the w70B and the HT813 to that, right?

Correct. The PBX is gonna take in the incoming PTSN, and then you can register the W70B and the HT813 as SIP clients on the PBX (and route the calls to them based on some call flow logic in the PBX.)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's