Yealink Forums

Full Version: auto-answer & custom ringtone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've tried multiple things & searched the forum with no clear answers.

I have a custom ring tone for use with paging & autoanswer (phone is in classrooms, so loud & obnoxious to get their attention is required.)

I have auto answer working ok, but I cannot get the phone to play the custom tone; it only plays 2 beeps. The tone is successfully loaded on the phone, but appears to be ignored.

Phone being called: T33G
Firmware version: 124.86.0.40

features.alert_info_tone = 1
features.auto_answer_tone.enable = 1
features.auto_answer.ring_type = my-intercom.wav

To: <sip:6210@10.99.1.210>
Call-ID: 6ce242b6-5eb1-4dd1-8e79-c9785fb4896f
CSeq: 17094 INVITE
Allow: OPTIONS, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, PRACK, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PUBLISH, MESSAGE, REFER
Supported: 100rel, timer, replaces, norefersub, histinfo
Session-Expires: 1800
Min-SE: 90
P-Asserted-Identity: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alert-Info: <http://127.0.0.1>;info=alert-autoanswer
Max-Forwards: 70
User-Agent: FPBX-16.0.40.4(18.19.0)
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 333
(08-11-2023 02:46 AM)crashdox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've tried multiple things & searched the forum with no clear answers.

I have a custom ring tone for use with paging & autoanswer (phone is in classrooms, so loud & obnoxious to get their attention is required.)

I have auto answer working ok, but I cannot get the phone to play the custom tone; it only plays 2 beeps. The tone is successfully loaded on the phone, but appears to be ignored.

Phone being called: T33G
Firmware version: 124.86.0.40

features.alert_info_tone = 1
features.auto_answer_tone.enable = 1

To: <sip:6210@10.99.1.210>
Call-ID: 6ce242b6-5eb1-4dd1-8e79-c9785fb4896f
CSeq: 17094 INVITE
Allow: OPTIONS, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, PRACK, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PUBLISH, MESSAGE, REFER
Supported: 100rel, timer, replaces, norefersub, histinfo
Session-Expires: 1800
Min-SE: 90
P-Asserted-Identity: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alert-Info: <http://127.0.0.1>;info=alert-autoanswer
Max-Forwards: 70
User-Agent: FPBX-16.0.40.4(18.19.0)
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 333

Hi,

Please keep in mind, the ringtone format must meet the following:
- The ringtone file must be in PCMU/PCMA audio format, mono channel, 8K sample rate, and 16-bit resolution
- For Black-and-white Screen Phones, the format must be .wav and a file size of max 100kB
Yes, the ringtone *itself* is fine; it shows up under ringtones & the sound is heard when selected. It simply does not play when the auto-answer is used; a two-beep sound is heard. I assume there is something setting-wise that is missing; it is not the tone file itself.
(08-11-2023 06:54 PM)crashdox Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the ringtone *itself* is fine; it shows up under ringtones & the sound is heard when selected. It simply does not play when the auto-answer is used; a two-beep sound is heard. I assume there is something setting-wise that is missing; it is not the tone file itself.

Please try these settings:
Code:
# Disable the phone to map the keywords in the Alert-Info header to the specified Bellcore ring tones.
features.alert_info_tone = 0

# Enable auto answer a SIP call.
account.X.auto_answer = 1

# Disable the phone to play a warning tone when an incoming call is automatically answered.
features.auto_answer_tone.enable = 0

# Configure a ring tone the phone plays before the incoming call is automatically answered.
No joy. To be clear, the phone should be normal, but receives alert-info for auto-answer. So, from my reading, account.x.auto_answer must be 0.

What bothers me is page 186 in the manual, where the auto answer via alert-info is described as NOT playing a tone, unless the tone feature is enabled, and then "warning tone".
(08-11-2023 10:58 PM)crashdox Wrote: [ -> ]No joy. To be clear, the phone should be normal, but receives alert-info for auto-answer. So, from my reading, account.x.auto_answer must be 0.

What bothers me is page 186 in the manual, where the auto answer via alert-info is described as NOT playing a tone, unless the tone feature is enabled, and then "warning tone".

I refer to the Administrator Guide, chapter "Auto Answer Configuration" from page 424 onward.
Which manual are you referring to?
Yes, same manual, same version. Top of page 180. Auto Answer section using Alert-info, which is what I need - a *triggered* auto answer. All it says there is if tone is enabled, you get a warning tone... which is all I get.

I've been doing this on polycom phones for over 10 years. This is the only "special" feature we use on the phones that is fairly critical.

I may have a workaround with Asterisk, using paging groups & having Asterisk play my tone. I have to try that. But it would be nice if the yealink phone could do it natively like my ancient polycoms.
Reference URL's