Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46S issue with Showing Additional DSS Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are setting up some T46S with RingCentral.

For some reason when adding more than 9 DSS buttons (in this case 15). Button #10 does not convert itself to "1 2 3" etc so the user is not able to navigate to the Next set of Programed DSS Key.

The DSS keys are being Pushed out via Ring Central provisioning using Their Presence feature.

I can't see any reason why or anywhere to config this settings on the T46S . From what I can work out the T46S should auto detect and show the "1 2 3" button as needed.

On a T46U it seems to have no issues.

What is odd is that I find if I manually log on to the phone and add a manual "Speed Dial" key on Page 3. For example. The "1 2 3" then shows up. If I remove the Manual Speed Dial on Page 3, "1 2 3" Disappear again!

We do not want to have to manualy go onto each phone and adda dummy Speed Dial Key to make ti show up.

RingCentral are (enforcing) pushing out Firmware Version 66.86.25.4 so we can't just upgrade to the latest, as I'll revert. Not that the firmware version should matter. Unless a bug?

Anyone have an idea whats going on here.
I checked now on my T46S with the latest regular firmware 66.86.0.15, and if I add DSS keys through provisioning (my own provisioning) the 1-2 pages come up just as if I'd add them on the device itself.

In the phone's GUI do you see those (11-15) DSS keys with the correct type and line 1?

Can you get an export of the Ring Central XML file and check what they set for linekey.11?
Reference URL's