Yealink Forums

Full Version: W56H initializing/boot loop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently found 3 old W56H handsets laying around and according to this website they are compatible with the Microsoft SIP gateway, when I updated them to version 61.83.188.7 they got into a loop where they start initializing then restart, start initializing again, restart again and so on which I can only seem to get rid of by disconnecting them from the base station, I tried it with a W60B as well as a W70B and I experience the same issue with both of them. Is there any way to update/downgrade these handsets to a working version without them being connected to a base station? or are there any other solutions to this?

Any ideas are very welcome.
(05-26-2023 08:59 PM)n.vangelder Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I recently found 3 old W56H handsets laying around and according to this website they are compatible with the Microsoft SIP gateway, when I updated them to version 61.83.188.7 they got into a loop where they start initializing then restart, start initializing again, restart again and so on which I can only seem to get rid of by disconnecting them from the base station, I tried it with a W60B as well as a W70B and I experience the same issue with both of them. Is there any way to update/downgrade these handsets to a working version without them being connected to a base station? or are there any other solutions to this?

Hi,

Please make sure the base stations are running on the latest firmware.
W60B on 77.85.188.2 or higher and W70B on 146.85.188.4 or higher.
(05-27-2023 01:27 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2023 08:59 PM)n.vangelder Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Hi,

Please make sure the base stations are running on the latest firmware.
W60B on 77.85.188.2 or higher and W70B on 146.85.188.4 or higher.

Hi,

The W70B is on version 146.85.5.2.
(05-30-2023 03:40 PM)n.vangelder Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The W70B is on version 146.85.5.2.

Then why'd you update the handsets to 61.83.188.7? Those aren't the same firmware lines. x.x.5.x is the Microsoft special version, while x.x.188.x is the Dutch (Lydis) language special version.

Can you first try to change the base version to the Dutch version (146.85.188.4) and see if the handsets communicate with the base? You can also try the regular version 146.85.0.40.
Reference URL's