Yealink Forums

Full Version: Sending location information of Multicast Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to send the extension of the phone (or other customized information) to listening phones when multicast paging?

Let's say I'm multicast paging from extn 626. On the listening phone this is what I see on the phone display:

page all
224.5.6.20:10008

This information is set in NDP on the LISTENING phone as follows:

multicast.listen_address.1.ip_address="224.5.6.20:10008"
multicast.listen_address.1.label="page all"

Here are the Yealink overrides on the sending phone:

linekey.7.value="224.5.6.20:10008"
linekey.7.label="EdwinPaging"

All the linekey.7.label="EdwinPaging" override does is label to button on the phone. What I want to do when I multicast page is send information to the other phones that identifies which phone I'm initiating the page from, since multicast paging is one-way and the listeners won't know which phone the user is paging from.

Anyone know if this is possible to do? Thanks for looking at this.
(05-24-2023 12:34 AM)elin@klhconsulting Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to send the extension of the phone (or other customized information) to listening phones when multicast paging?

Let's say I'm multicast paging from extn 626. On the listening phone this is what I see on the phone display:

page all
224.5.6.20:10008

This information is set in NDP on the LISTENING phone as follows:

multicast.listen_address.1.ip_address="224.5.6.20:10008"
multicast.listen_address.1.label="page all"

Here are the Yealink overrides on the sending phone:

linekey.7.value="224.5.6.20:10008"
linekey.7.label="EdwinPaging"

All the linekey.7.label="EdwinPaging" override does is label to button on the phone. What I want to do when I multicast page is send information to the other phones that identifies which phone I'm initiating the page from, since multicast paging is one-way and the listeners won't know which phone the user is paging from.

Anyone know if this is possible to do? Thanks for looking at this.

Can't you have each device's paging button use a different IP/Port, and add all the IP/Ports to all the devices listening settings, each with a different lable?
Seems like a lot of work depending on number of extensions but that’s probably the way to do it.
(06-17-2023 07:16 AM)CWR Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a lot of work depending on number of extensions but that’s probably the way to do it.

Probably not that difficult to do if you have any kind of scripting knowledge (especially, if you're anyway using some kind of programming/scripting/variables to generate provisioning templates.)

To make it logically a bit simper you can use the same variable as the extension one to set the port number of the multicast... So 224.5.6.20:2002 will be x2002...
Reference URL's