Yealink Forums

Full Version: W73P Custom Handset Config to Disable Noise Cancellation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Could anyone please advise what is the setting via provisioning server for Disabling the Noise Cancellation on the Handset for W73P cordless phones?

I have tried this - custom.handset.noise_cancellation.enable = 0 but it did not seem to work.

The reason we were after this is that one of our customer is complaining that the handset audio quality on these new W73H handsets is not as good as the W56H and this is the only difference I can see between them.

Thanks,

Vikram Gupte
(10-24-2022 07:56 AM)vikramgupte Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

Could anyone please advise what is the setting via provisioning server for Disabling the Noise Cancellation on the Handset for W73P cordless phones?

I have tried this - custom.handset.noise_cancellation.enable = 0 but it did not seem to work.

The reason we were after this is that one of our customer is complaining that the handset audio quality on these new W73H handsets is not as good as the W56H and this is the only difference I can see between them.

Thanks,

Vikram Gupte

Hi Vikram,

As far as I know, the parameter "custom.handset.noise_cancellation.enable" does not exist in the W73P (W70B+W73H) DECT phone.
For a better audio experience, please make sure the G.711 codec has the heist priority.
Thanks complex1

We have G722 as the highest preferred with G711a as the second priority so most of the calls do work on G711a and some on G722.

This setup is the same across our earlier W56H handsets as well whose voice quality our customer seems to prefer and for some reason finds the audio on the W73H worse.

Hence I was trying avoid having to replace the newer handsets by making this config change through the provisioning server as there is no way to set this on the web interface as well.

Regards,

Vikram

(10-24-2022 08:32 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022 07:56 AM)vikramgupte Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Vikram Gupte

Hi Vikram,

As far as I know, the parameter "custom.handset.noise_cancellation.enable" does not exist in the W73P (W70B+W73H) DECT phone.
For a better audio experience, please make sure the G.711 codec has the heist priority.
Reference URL's