Yealink Forums

Full Version: WH63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I've heard about the WH63 Wireless Headset

it's a DECT product but what does it mean? Can I connect it on a DECT access point ? Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode

Thanks
(09-06-2022 05:56 PM)barsocchi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

it's a DECT product but what does it mean? Can I connect it on a DECT access point ? Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode

Thanks

Hi,

See my answers below

it's a DECT product but what does it mean?
=> You have DECT headsets and Bluetooth headsets, DECT headsets has better range as bluetooth but bluetooth can be used on most deskphones and mobile phones

Can I connect it on a DECT access point ?
=> Yes, at the moment Yealink has firmware for the W80/90 multicell where you can register a WH62/63 to the DECT Enviroment (W70 singlecell should be available shortly)

Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode
=> You can register with a separate SIP account or you can add the headset to an DECT handset and push and pull the call to and from the headset.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Regards,
Mark
Hi Mark
Your answer is very clear and helpful

Thank you !

(09-08-2022 04:39 PM)markvdheijden Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2022 05:56 PM)barsocchi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks

Hi,

See my answers below

it's a DECT product but what does it mean?
=> You have DECT headsets and Bluetooth headsets, DECT headsets has better range as bluetooth but bluetooth can be used on most deskphones and mobile phones

Can I connect it on a DECT access point ?
=> Yes, at the moment Yealink has firmware for the W80/90 multicell where you can register a WH62/63 to the DECT Enviroment (W70 singlecell should be available shortly)

Can the headset have its own SIP account? I don't understand how it can work in DECT mode
=> You can register with a separate SIP account or you can add the headset to an DECT handset and push and pull the call to and from the headset.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Regards,
Mark
Reference URL's