Yealink Forums

Full Version: T29G firmware 46.83.0.130 question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been working with a client and noticed that one of their Yealink phones has a firmware using 46.83.0.130.

The latest firmware I could find from Yealink's website is 46.83.0.120

I searched online and could find the firmware from 3CX's website so wondering if Yealink provided 3CX with updated firmware.

I just want to make sure this isn't some rogue firmware as our client's pbx is a customized asterisk based PBX. I have never worked with 3CX but it seems to also be asterisk based.

Just looking for input if the .130 firmware is ok to use on non-3CX PBX asterisk based systems or at all.
(08-28-2022 07:23 AM)Chris708 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been working with a client and noticed that one of their Yealink phones has a firmware using 46.83.0.130.

The latest firmware I could find from Yealink's website is 46.83.0.120

I searched online and could find the firmware from 3CX's website so wondering if Yealink provided 3CX with updated firmware.

I just want to make sure this isn't some rogue firmware as our client's pbx is a customized asterisk based PBX. I have never worked with 3CX but it seems to also be asterisk based.

Just looking for input if the .130 firmware is ok to use on non-3CX PBX asterisk based systems or at all.

Hi,

I think it can't hurt to use .130 firmware, but if you want to be on the safe side, use the .120 firmware.
The .130 firmware is specifically made for a 3CX environment.
Unfortunately, there are no Release Notes available for version .130, so you don't know what has been added or modified.
(08-28-2022 06:29 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I think it can't hurt to use .130 firmware, but if you want to be on the safe side, use the .120 firmware.
The .130 firmware is specifically made for a 3CX environment.
Unfortunately, there are no Release Notes available for version .130, so you don't know what has been added or modified.

Well, I'm wary because I don't have any proof that it comes from Yealink or where it comes from at all or who takes responsibility for it if it causes problems. Also, no release notes --- why?

I'll probably just have them go back to the .120 firmware until more investigation is done. Without any Release Notes, there is no indication of what it fixes, features it gives or enhances, etc.
Reference URL's