Yealink Forums

Full Version: ‘New’ W56/W60B default admin password not recognised?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I’ve just had FTTP installed and switching my home lines over to VOIP. In preparation I’ve bought a W56/W60B handset/base combination.

I’ve just plugged it in and after downloading the latest firmware I found I could make/receive calls straight away (from a UK geographic number)!

Also the web interface doesn’t recognise the default admin user/password.

Does this mean I have been supplied a device that has been pre-configured for somebody else?

Thanks
Russ
(08-06-2022 03:43 AM)Russ1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks,

I’ve just had FTTP installed and switching my home lines over to VOIP. In preparation I’ve bought a W56/W60B handset/base combination.

I’ve just plugged it in and after downloading the latest firmware I found I could make/receive calls straight away (from a UK geographic number)!

Also the web interface doesn’t recognise the default admin user/password.

Does this mean I have been supplied a device that has been pre-configured for somebody else?

Thanks
Russ

Hi,

Normally it is not possible to make calls with a new device immediately. The device must be programmed first.
You probably bought a 'new' device that is still registered to a previous user.
You will have to contact the seller and ask them to fix it.
Hi Frank,

Many thanks for your reply.

I’m wondering if this phone perhaps was part of a pre-configured bundle for a corporate customer that has then “recycled” its unused equipment?

I’ve been in contact with the seller and they will send me out another device tomorrow so we’ll see if that works.

Thanks
Russ.
Reference URL's