Yealink Forums

Full Version: Phones crash using VM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a yeastar P550 and 3 T48S phones. All are at latest firmware vers. 66.86.0.15
If you try to retrieve voicemail messages the phones crash to bluescreen then reboots welcome message. The PBX shows the call/VM is still in use or active.

We can usually login to VM and listen to one message, but the phone will crash at any point during use of the VM retrieval process.
We follow prompts to delete the message played and the phone crashes.
It appears to usually crash most on deleting a message.
We can recreate the issue also by login to VM and try to play old messages and it will crash at that moment too.

YeaStar support claims the PBX cannot reboot phones. I think it can.

This happens on all the phones we have; I think it’s a configure issue maybe?
Thanks Jeff-
(03-29-2022 03:25 AM)Impress1 Wrote: [ -> ]YeaStar support claims the PBX cannot reboot phones. I think it can.

Technically the PBX can resync/reboot a phone, but it's unlikely they're doing it just because you're listening/using VM.

More likely is that something in their signaling crashes the phone (which might be either the PBX sending something malformed to update the VM indicator count, or a bug in Yealink not being able to handle a normal signaling of that type.) I think a first step would be to collect the logs and Diagnostic Files while reproducing the issue (see how to https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/kn...b843eb445) and maybe in there you'd be able to point as to what specifically is causing it.
Reference URL's