Yealink Forums

Full Version: W80B dm-base role
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I would like to check please, I see reference in the changelog that the DM-Base role is no longer an option after fw 83.30.

If I am right in my understanding - before 83.30 you could have 2 base stations, one is DM and both provide wireless service.

After 83.30 you would need to have 3 base stations for 2 to provide wireless service, and another is DM.

I do not operate any W80b's currently so I am just interested - why was this option removed, apart from to sell more equipment Tongue?

Is it the same situation for W90 base stations (maybe it was never an option for DM to also provide wireless service)?

Also out of curiosity - can you mix W80 and W90 bases in a deployment?

Thanks
Jon
I want to know about this too and why has the feature been removed?

I saw the doco saying you could do it not knowing it's referring to old firmware and I have purchased 2x W80B's and I was going to run one as Base+DM and the other normally for an install where that would give me great coverage, but I can't get it to work now.

Three short presses of the button does change the LED's on the front but nothing appears to happen.

What's the go ?
Reference URL's