Yealink Forums

Full Version: Factory reset T46s w/o admin password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i have a T46s phone with unkwnon/lost admin password.

To get admin access to the phone i plan to setup a tfpfd server with actual firmware (T46S-66.86.0.15.rom), reboot the phone with speaker buuton pressed, enter my tftp server adress an update the phone.
I am not sure if this update method will reset the password fro admin to factory default. Does somebody know if this method is resetting the admin password?

Also please let me know if there is a better way to reset the admin password.

Thanks in advance
(10-15-2021 08:38 PM)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

To get admin access to the phone i plan to setup a tfpfd server with actual firmware (T46S-66.86.0.15.rom), reboot the phone with speaker buuton pressed, enter my tftp server adress an update the phone.
I am not sure if this update method will reset the password fro admin to factory default. Does somebody know if this method is resetting the admin password?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

The tftp method is usually used when the phone is bricked.
In your case you want to access the phone using the admin password, which you don't have anymore.
In this case a reset to factory default should do the job.
To initiate a factory reset, you have to long press the OK button. Then follow the instructions on the screen.
(10-15-2021 10:22 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2021 08:38 PM)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hi,

The tftp method is usually used when the phone is bricked.
In your case you want to access the phone using the admin password, which you don't have anymore.
In this case a reset to factory default should do the job.
To initiate a factory reset, you have to long press the OK button. Then follow the instructions on the screen.

I tried pressing the OK button longer then 10sec, but nothing happend.
(10-16-2021 08:36 AM)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]I tried pressing the OK button longer then 10sec, but nothing happend.

Then I guess the phone is locked by your provider or the person from whom you bought the phone.
Please contact them to help unlock your device.
(10-16-2021 07:02 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2021 08:36 AM)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]I tried pressing the OK button longer then 10sec, but nothing happend.

Then I guess the phone is locked by your provider or the person from whom you bought the phone.
Please contact them to help unlock your device.

There is no provider nor contact Both are unknown. Btw. the admin password have been available and working, but when i changed them, one of the phone did not update the new admin password, and the old known admin password is not working since them (Default passoword is also not worikng). Thats the reason why i want so reset the phone to factory defaults with my described method. But i am not sure if this method will reset the admin password back to factory default.
For whom it may concern, here the solution which worked for me:
1. Setup a TFTPD Server
2. Put the recovery files into defined tftp folder, T46S.rom, T46S.bin and T46S.rfs
Recovery files can be found here: http://81.88.82.245/firmware/Yealink/recovery/
3. Poweroff and Power-On Phone and keep Speaker button pressed until Display options tftp/usb are shown
4. Select 1- tftp
5. Adjust IP address, netmask and tftpd ip
6. after some few minutes the phone is reset to factory settings
I have tried these exact steps and the firmware downgrade works but the phone is not factory reset - it maintains the previous settings and lockdown. Is there any way around this? The phones I have will become useless bricks unless I am able to factory reset them. Any help is greatly appreciated.
(12-02-2021 05:59 AM)callisap Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried these exact steps and the firmware downgrade works but the phone is not factory reset - it maintains the previous settings and lockdown. Is there any way around this? The phones I have will become useless bricks unless I am able to factory reset them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

The best thing to do is to request a support ticket from Yealink technical support and ask for their advice.
https://ticket.yealink.com/
Reference URL's