Yealink Forums

Full Version: T42S +EHS36 + CS54= disconnects and reconnects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

We have T42S phones with EHS36 and Plantronics CS540 on a 3cx system. We have updated the firmware of the phones to 66.86.0.5 and since that time the headset disconnects and reconnects and even connected we cannot answer or hang up with the headset button.

I did some research that talked about updating the firmware of the EHS36 from only 4 phone models (T26P, T28P, T38G, T46G). I don't have these phone model, is it possible to do it on another model?Otherwise I will have to put an older version of the firmware on the T42S?
(10-13-2021 01:13 AM)Beastorm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

We have T42S phones with EHS36 and Plantronics CS540 on a 3cx system. We have updated the firmware of the phones to 66.86.0.5 and since that time the headset disconnects and reconnects and even connected we cannot answer or hang up with the headset button.

I did some research that talked about updating the firmware of the EHS36 from only 4 phone models (T26P, T28P, T38G, T46G). I don't have these phone model, is it possible to do it on another model?Otherwise I will have to put an older version of the firmware on the T42S?

Have you tried checking the connections or possibly swapping out the EHS36 for a different one? It is possible the firmware isn't the issue or that the headset is set up slightly wrong. The EHS36 comes with a lot of cords, so here is an article showing you how it should go together.

If that all seems right, sometimes it helps to do a reset. To do this, just unplug the power from the Plantronics headset, remove the cord in the phone port in the phone, then remove the pin jack next to it, then remove the cord in the headset jack of the phone, then remove the RJ12 cord from the EXT or EHS jack. After this, plug everything back in, but in reverse order. Sometimes this will help reset the device and get it working again. It's at least worth a shot!

Kyle Newgent
Headsets.com
Reference URL's