Yealink Forums

Full Version: defaulting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across a few T42G's firmware 29.80.202.1 I dont know the admin password and when i hold OK the phone is asking for the admin password, What are my options or should i just trash the phones

Thank you
(10-06-2021 01:55 AM)HarlinSilvers Wrote: [ -> ]I came across a few T42G's firmware 29.80.202.1 I dont know the admin password and when i hold OK the phone is asking for the admin password, What are my options or should i just trash the phones

Thank you

Hi,

The firmware of the phones has been modified (customized) by a certain provider, and therefore they are locked.
Contact the person or provider from whom you purchased these phones and ask if they can unlock these phones for you.
1. downgrade the phone to the oldest firmware possible 29.71.xx.xx or 29.72.xx.xx by using recovery mode.
2. reset the phone by pressing OK button, (it will not ask for the password anymore, because on older versions that feature was not implemented yet. )
3. login with admin/admin to GUI and update to the latest version.

If you don't have recovery files, ask yealink support for the files.
Reference URL's