Yealink Forums

Full Version: Daily config check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm targeting an Asterisk environment where Yealink IP Phones
1. can send HTTP requests
2. can send and receive SIP messages (SIP Notify, ...) most of the time
3. cannot receive one time HTTP request.

I was planning to use SIP NOTIFY to force re-provisionning.
The chicken and egg issue I'm facing is that when new accounts are allocated to IP Phones, I cannot use SIP Notify anymore to force phones to re-provision as either phone or Asterisk is configured with outdated SIP accounts.

So I'm thinking about provisoning both Asterisk and IP phones at fixed times (and therefore accept a small time period during which newly re-configured IP phones would not be SIP connected to their Asterisk server).

To make this happen, I would like IP phones to daily perform a config check without needing any SIP Notify message or HTTP request to trigger this.

Is it possible ?
Looking at x.86.0.y doc, it seems Weekly check are implemented but Daily ones are not.

Best regards

PS: Looking at YDMP admin guide, Task management shows a Repeat parameter which may or may not support setting daily tasks. I would be very curious to read if this Repeat setting allows repeating daily tasks.
(07-06-2021 04:28 PM)oliv Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm targeting an Asterisk environment where Yealink IP Phones
1. can send HTTP requests
2. can send and receive SIP messages (SIP Notify, ...) most of the time
3. cannot receive one time HTTP request.

I was planning to use SIP NOTIFY to force re-provisionning.
The chicken and egg issue I'm facing is that when new accounts are allocated to IP Phones, I cannot use SIP Notify anymore to force phones to re-provision as either phone or Asterisk is configured with outdated SIP accounts.

So I'm thinking about provisoning both Asterisk and IP phones at fixed times (and therefore accept a small time period during which newly re-configured IP phones would not be SIP connected to their Asterisk server).

To make this happen, I would like IP phones to daily perform a config check without needing any SIP Notify message or HTTP request to trigger this.

Is it possible ?
Looking at x.86.0.y doc, it seems Weekly check are implemented but Daily ones are not.

Best regards

PS: Looking at YDMP admin guide, Task management shows a Repeat parameter which may or may not support setting daily tasks. I would be very curious to read if this Repeat setting allows repeating daily tasks.

Hi

Please try next:

Code:
#Enable or disable the phone to check the new configuration weekly; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
static.auto_provision.weekly.enable = 1

#Configure the week time the phone checks the new configuration.
static.auto_provision.weekly.dayofweek = 0123456
static.auto_provision.weekly.begin_time = 01:00
static.auto_provision.weekly.end_time = 02:00

Every night somewhere between 01:00 - 02:00 the phone will check the configuration.

Hope this will help.
@complex1:
Using your settings, I could successfully get what I was after !
Thank you very much for this !
Reference URL's