Yealink Forums

Full Version: Can't hang up by pressing speakerphone button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is a problem with the phone, a user preference issue, or just that I don't understand how the T58 should work with Teams.

I can make calls through the phone (connected to our MS Teams account/PBX) and toggle speakerphone and handset with the speakerphone button. It turns green when the speakerphone is on. EXCEPT if I'm on speakerphone, handset is in the cradle, and I hit the speakerphone button. I would expect this would hang up the call. That's how it works on every deskphone or speakerphone I've ever used.

Instead, the green light goes off, as if it's hanging up or turning off the speakerphone, but the mic and speaker are both still working -- other than the green light going off, nothing has changed. To hangup the call, I need to press the red button on the touchscreen.

Is this by design when connected to Teams? Can I make a change somewhere that will cause the speakerphone button to hang up the call, like on a traditional phone?

Thanks,
Colin
(04-18-2021 12:04 AM)ColinIsHere Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is a problem with the phone, a user preference issue, or just that I don't understand how the T58 should work with Teams.

I can make calls through the phone (connected to our MS Teams account/PBX) and toggle speakerphone and handset with the speakerphone button. It turns green when the speakerphone is on. EXCEPT if I'm on speakerphone, handset is in the cradle, and I hit the speakerphone button. I would expect this would hang up the call. That's how it works on every deskphone or speakerphone I've ever used.

Instead, the green light goes off, as if it's hanging up or turning off the speakerphone, but the mic and speaker are both still working -- other than the green light going off, nothing has changed. To hangup the call, I need to press the red button on the touchscreen.

Is this by design when connected to Teams? Can I make a change somewhere that will cause the speakerphone button to hang up the call, like on a traditional phone?

Thanks,
Colin

Hi Colin,

I am not using Teams but the SIP-T57W and cannot reproduce your issue.
Perhaps the solution to your issue is to make sure you 1) use the latest firmware version, 2) reset the phone to factory settings, 3) re-provisioning the phone and try again.

Hope this will help.
(04-18-2021 05:06 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Colin,

I am not using Teams but the SIP-T57W and cannot reproduce your issue.
Perhaps the solution to your issue is to make sure you 1) use the latest firmware version, 2) reset the phone to factory settings, 3) re-provisioning the phone and try again.

Hope this will help.

The speaker button does work as expected after a firmware upgrade. Thanks!
Reference URL's