Yealink Forums

Full Version: Step by Step for Auto Provisioning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a step by step procedure i can follow to auto provision a couple hundred phones with default settings such as:
Language: US
Timezone: -6
NTP server: us.pool.ntp.org

I am seeing various info via Google search but really nothing in step by step details. My goal is to have auto provisioning set up where when a phone boots up for the first time, all of these default settings will be applied. Pretty much the only thing left is for the user to login in to Teams.

Thanks in advance.
(03-29-2021 11:33 PM)nguyenp Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a step by step procedure i can follow to auto provision a couple hundred phones with default settings such as:

I am seeing various info via Google search but really nothing in step by step details. My goal is to have auto provisioning set up where when a phone boots up for the first time, all of these default settings will be applied. Pretty much the only thing left is for the user to login in to Teams.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Normally, telephones are provisioned by a PBX and not manually ... especially if you have more than 100 to do.
You will have to learn every parameter that a device contains to see what its meaning is.
The provisioning templates for each telephone series can be found on the Yealink site. The documentation on how to perform a provisioning can also be found on the site.
(03-30-2021 01:49 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2021 11:33 PM)nguyenp Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a step by step procedure i can follow to auto provision a couple hundred phones with default settings such as:

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Normally, telephones are provisioned by a PBX and not manually ... especially if you have more than 100 to do.
You will have to learn every parameter that a device contains to see what its meaning is.
The provisioning templates for each telephone series can be found on the Yealink site. The documentation on how to perform a provisioning can also be found on the site.

Just to add you only need to configure settings that are different to the defaults. I would set up one device first as required, then export that devices .cfg files, this basically gives you what you need, and you would amend things that are different for each device. This might need repeating for different models.

Any setting not in the configuration file will remain at whatever it is currently on the device.
Reference URL's