Yealink Forums

Full Version: W90 W53 W59R Handset Keylock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear community,

We have DECT IP W90s in use in various facilities, and are currently using W53 and W57R handsets. Unfortunately, the keys cannot be completely locked by pressing #, only the menu navigation key. However, the device cannot be transported in this way, it dials merrily away, urgently need a complete locking of all keys. I know that the last available firmware version March 2021 blocks dialling out as long as it is not an emergency number, but it beeps in the pocket and writes all over the display, plus it drains the battery, so you can't work with the handset.

Any idea?
(03-10-2021 06:00 PM)seatelOne Wrote: [ -> ]Dear community,

We have DECT IP W90s in use in various facilities, and are currently using W53 and W57R handsets. Unfortunately, the keys cannot be completely locked by pressing #, only the menu navigation key. However, the device cannot be transported in this way, it dials merrily away, urgently need a complete locking of all keys. I know that the last available firmware version March 2021 blocks dialling out as long as it is not an emergency number, but it beeps in the pocket and writes all over the display, plus it drains the battery, so you can't work with the handset.

Any idea?

Hello, I have the same problem and it is incredible that such a basic function is not available. We have about 40 w53h phones, with w60 bases with this problemWink ... if I find out about the solution, I'll let you know
Reference URL's