Yealink Forums

Full Version: W56H Mac Address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does a person find the MAC address of a handset? All I can seem to find is that of the base station.
(03-06-2021 12:41 AM)Phoneperson Wrote: [ -> ]How does a person find the MAC address of a handset? All I can seem to find is that of the base station.

MAC or Serial?

Cuz only devices connected directly to Internet have a MAC address. Cordless Handsets are not devices connected directly to the internet, they're connected through another technology (DECT) to the base.
Well, that does make perfect sense. Thank you.

So the issue is the MAC address of the base station.

However, that brings up other questions; how does the base station keep the handset separate, and how does PBX software know which handset to target?
(03-06-2021 01:29 AM)Phoneperson Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that does make perfect sense. Thank you.

So the issue is the MAC address of the base station.

However, that brings up other questions; how does the base station keep the handset separate, and how does PBX software know which handset to target?

The base/handsets have some kind of other identifier (I think it is the IPUI code, that you can see in the handset's setting Status>Handset). As far as I know that is not something that can be used by us (users.)

The other way (visible to us) that the base identifies the handsets is ones it is subscribed to a base the base gives it a Handset number (Handset 1, Handset 2, etc.) That can be used to assign Accounts (each Registered extension is a seperate account in the base) to Handsets.

This is done (in the web gui) under Account>Number Assignment, or in provisioning through something like:
Code:
handset.1.incoming_lines =
handset.1.dial_out_lines =
handset.1.dial_out_default_line =
Thank you very much. I believe that to be correct, as it makes a lot of sense and seems to be what I have witnessed this far. I will go forward with that view of it all.

Thanks again for your good help.
Reference URL's