Yealink Forums

Full Version: T58A SIP license
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I ordered a T58A but received a T58A Teams Edition and I'm planning to do an upgrade to a regular SIP firmware. How can I apply for a regular SIP license ?

In case I want to revert back to Teams firmware later, how could I reuse my existing Teams license ? Is there a way to export it, eventually to link it to my Yealink account ? If reuse is not possible, is the Teams license paid or could I just apply for one ?

My firmware version is 58.15.0.26

Thank you ! Smile
(02-07-2021 10:47 PM)Technissimo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I ordered a T58A but received a T58A Teams Edition and I'm planning to do an upgrade to a regular SIP firmware. How can I apply for a regular SIP license ?

In case I want to revert back to Teams firmware later, how could I reuse my existing Teams license ? Is there a way to export it, eventually to link it to my Yealink account ? If reuse is not possible, is the Teams license paid or could I just apply for one ?

Thank you ! Smile

Disclaimer: I do not take any responsibility for my instruction, these are the instruction I received and worked perfectly in my case..ok lets move on.

You may want to do what I just did, and that is downgrade. So what I did was use the latest firmware from the Desktop IP T58A but before the update will flash you need to add the SIP license and this is how you do it. Go to the Yealink website and click on Support, then under Helpdesk, click Apply for License. If you don't have a Yealink account already then register. Once under the License Management Platform, choose either New Temporary License or New Permanent License. Fill out the license form, you will need the Mac address of the device, select Microsoft Teams as the Edition and model, then hit Ok. It will be approved pretty quickly then from there download the License to your PC and then go into the web interface of the phone , then Security->License and upload the license. After that go and retrieve the firmware ( Desktop IP) choose the latest firmware and flash. When the phone reboots the Teams interface is gone and the phone boots into the system as a normal SIP phone.

Hope this helps.
(03-11-2021 10:09 PM)STDSupport Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2021 10:47 PM)Technissimo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thank you ! Smile

Disclaimer: I do not take any responsibility for my instruction, these are the instruction I received and worked perfectly in my case..ok lets move on.

You may want to do what I just did, and that is downgrade. So what I did was use the latest firmware from the Desktop IP T58A but before the update will flash you need to add the SIP license and this is how you do it. Go to the Yealink website and click on Support, then under Helpdesk, click Apply for License. If you don't have a Yealink account already then register. Once under the License Management Platform, choose either New Temporary License or New Permanent License. Fill out the license form, you will need the Mac address of the device, select Microsoft Teams as the Edition and model, then hit Ok. It will be approved pretty quickly then from there download the License to your PC and then go into the web interface of the phone , then Security->License and upload the license. After that go and retrieve the firmware ( Desktop IP) choose the latest firmware and flash. When the phone reboots the Teams interface is gone and the phone boots into the system as a normal SIP phone.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply !

In the mean time, I did open a ticket and got a license. The thing is that I began the firmware downgrade process before adding the license thinking that the system would asked me...the downgrade went just fine Smile

I imagine that the first firmware versions of the Teams firmware (no longer available for download) let you flash the SIP version without a downgrade license Wink
Reference URL's