Yealink Forums

Full Version: T4xU series no support information or files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so some of our vendors quit selling the Yealink T29G all of a sudden and are suggesting either the T54W or the T46U.

I have experience with the T54W and related models but I cannot find anything on Yealkink's website showing support, administration, documentaion, or firmware for the Yealink T46U or any T4xU phone.

Can you please point me to the correct location for this information?

https://support.yealink.com then Documents&Firmware is where I usually go to find info and support files on Yealink phones.
(12-01-2020 04:53 AM)Chris708 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please point me to the correct location for this information?

https://support.yealink.com then Documents&Firmware is where I usually go to find info and support files on Yealink phones.

Same here, looking for information on T43U and did not find anything.
Some of the info you can find by Google'ing.

Here is the link to the SIP-T43U Datasheet I found: https://www.neocenter.com/img/Yealink/T43U.pdf

I'm also attaching slides from an 888VoIP Webinar (I hope it's allowed to be posted...) with some more info and comparisons.
Overall, my summary would be that T4?U is very similar to T4?S with EXP/EHS port replaced by a USB port, so you have to use USB expansion modules and USB EHS adapters. The default firmware is based on some fairly old code because T46S has a number of bugs fixed that are still present in T46U default firmware. Not much help, I know.

We bought a batch T46U by mistake because reseller marketed them as T46S replacement, which is not really correct. We ran into some bugs in the default firmware. I opened a ticket and got a sensible response and support provided a firmware image that resolved our problems, but unfortunately until the firmware is officially published I can't tell the call centre to use it. So we are not buying any T4?U until this phantom model line appears on the support pages and we can re-evaluate our options. T54W seems like much better option than T46U IMO, and where we are only $20AUD more. If Bluetooth or WiFi is required then the cost of the adapter for T46U will offset that price difference.
(12-26-2020 09:19 PM)smuser Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, my summary would be that T4?U is very similar to T4?S with EXP/EHS port replaced by a USB port, so you have to use USB expansion modules and USB EHS adapters. The default firmware is based on some fairly old code because T46S has a number of bugs fixed that are still present in T46U default firmware. Not much help, I know.

We bought a batch T46U by mistake because reseller marketed them as T46S replacement, which is not really correct. We ran into some bugs in the default firmware. I opened a ticket and got a sensible response and support provided a firmware image that resolved our problems, but unfortunately until the firmware is officially published I can't tell the call centre to use it. So we are not buying any T4?U until this phantom model line appears on the support pages and we can re-evaluate our options. T54W seems like much better option than T46U IMO, and where we are only $20AUD more. If Bluetooth or WiFi is required then the cost of the adapter for T46U will offset that price difference.

I agree smuser. T46S is very similar. Our provider suggested using the T4xS templates for configuration.

Just odd that these new phones are out but no Yealink centric resources to get data sheets, firmware, config info, etc.

T54W is more expensive in US as well and we may end up just using that model instead of the 46U.

Agree also on the wifi and bluetooth being built in --- can be handy for clients that need that and will offset the cost. The one option missing on the T54W is the expansion module port which the T46U does have.

What features do you use on the 46U that are buggy? We have only put one in so far with no issues.
Add me as yet another "I was selling the T29G and they are now no longer available from our distributor, so they told me to buy the T46U instead" person. No firmware or other information available.

It LOOKS like a decent replacement for the T29G as far as functionality goes, but I need to see that there is actually support from Yealink on this. Why is this being pushed/sold as a decent T29 replacement and there is basically no information about it on the Yealink site? From a product/marketing standpoint nor from a support/firmware standpoint.
Reference URL's