Yealink Forums

Full Version: new firmware messes up intercom on t46g?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I've got two t46g phones (and some t20s and w52s). When I upgraded to firmware 28.80.0.70 I found that my intercom functions stopped working right. It seems that the t46gs now answer an intercom call with the mike disabled (though it doesn't show on the display as muted). I can still use my w52s to intercom with my t20s, and if I use my w52s to intercom with my t46gs the t46g can listen to the w52 but (since the mike seems not to work in intercom mode) the w52 can't hear the t46g. Anyone else seen this issue?

(And btw, I can confirm that when I go to the intercom part of the features page for the t46g, it says accept intercom is enabled and intercom mute is disabled.)
Hmmm...the problem was more general (not just when I used the intercom). It seems that upgrading from 28.73.0.50 to 28.80.0.70 caused the microphones on my t46gs to shut down even when not muted. Is there a special new setting I need to tweak? Anyway, going back to 28.73.0.50 fixed the mic issue so I'm ok for now. Have others seen this issue with 28.80.0.70 and t46gs?
(08-23-2015 03:59 AM)asinshesq Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm...the problem was more general (not just when I used the intercom). It seems that upgrading from 28.73.0.50 to 28.80.0.70 caused the microphones on my t46gs to shut down even when not muted. Is there a special new setting I need to tweak? Anyway, going back to 28.73.0.50 fixed the mic issue so I'm ok for now. Have others seen this issue with 28.80.0.70 and t46gs?

For others having this issue, here's the solution: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthrea...0#pid16730
(08-23-2015 08:34 PM)asinshesq Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2015 03:59 AM)asinshesq Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm...the problem was more general (not just when I used the intercom). It seems that upgrading from 28.73.0.50 to 28.80.0.70 caused the microphones on my t46gs to shut down even when not muted. Is there a special new setting I need to tweak? Anyway, going back to 28.73.0.50 fixed the mic issue so I'm ok for now. Have others seen this issue with 28.80.0.70 and t46gs?

For others having this issue, here's the solution: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthrea...0#pid16730

I have this issue as well since updating to 28.80.0.70. My intercom (*90) only rings, the phone doesn't auto answer. This link didn't work for me. What was the solution?
I am using 28.80.0.70 and my intercom (In an all T46G environment) is working fine so it might not be the firmware directly. However try the following which has reset a similar problem before.

1. Ensure all autoprovision facilities are turned off. DON'T let the phone be provisioned.
2. Factory reset the phone.
3. Upgrade the firmware.
4. Factory reset the phone again after upgrading the firmware and before doing anything else.
5. Go to FEATURES > INTERCOM and then make sure the settings are as follows...

Accept Intercom : Enabled
Intercom Mute : Disabled
Intercom Tone : Enabled
Intercom Barge : Disabled (Actually doesn't matter, depends on your preference).

6. Reconfigure the phone with your settings and retry the intercom.

See if this corrects the fault.
Thank you for the response. I tried this with no success. When I downgrade the phone to 28.73.0.50, the intercom works again. Then when I upgrade to 28.80.0.78, the phone just rings. I use the same config file either way. Did the Asterisk *90 code change for Yealink?
(10-06-2015 01:49 AM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the response. I tried this with no success. When I downgrade the phone to 28.73.0.50, the intercom works again. Then when I upgrade to 28.80.0.78, the phone just rings. I use the same config file either way. Did the Asterisk *90 code change for Yealink?

No, the intercom feature code is set by your PBX and will be different for different people, it would not change because of a firmware update (For example my intercom prefix code is set to be *80).

It may be worth checking to see whether or not something has changed in your PBX settings that is having an effect. I cannot find a setting in the Yealink administration interface that uses and stores the intercom prefix outside of a DSSkey so see what happens when you directly dial the number (For example if your intercom prefix is *90 and your trying to intercom with extension 103 then you would dial *90103).
Reference URL's