Yealink Forums

Full Version: Permit Silent Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve noticed that the video series phones have an provisioning option called "permit_silent_mode", is this setting available on the T27G and T21PE2?

We have a client who has staff that's turning off the ringer on their phones and we'd like to keep them from doing this without hard coding a ringer volume.
(11-21-2020 12:21 AM)marcelm Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve noticed that the video series phones have an provisioning option called "permit_silent_mode", is this setting available on the T27G and T21PE2?

We have a client who has staff that's turning off the ringer on their phones and we'd like to keep them from doing this without hard coding a ringer volume.

Hi,

Please try next parameter:
force.voice.ring_vol = X

Note: X = 0 to 15 - the user cannot adjust the ringer volume on the phone, the ringtone is the configured volume.

Hope this will help.
Hello,

Yes I've tried that setting and it works but it locks the user from adjusting the volume, I just want to stop them from turning off the ringer completely. Is that possible?
(11-21-2020 02:39 AM)marcelm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Yes I've tried that setting and it works but it locks the user from adjusting the volume, I just want to stop them from turning off the ringer completely. Is that possible?

Hi,

I don't know if this will fulfill your need, but try this parameter to adjust the minimum ringer volume on the phone.
phone_setting.voice.ring_vol_min = X

Note: X = 0 to 15 and is only supported by T27G phone.

Hope this will help.
(11-21-2020 06:14 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I don't know if this will fulfill your need, but try this parameter to adjust the minimum ringer volume on the phone.
phone_setting.voice.ring_vol_min = X

Note: X = 0 to 15 and is only supported by T27G phone.

Hope this will help.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks so much!
Reference URL's