Yealink Forums

Full Version: T54S Support for DD10K ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some VoIP provider issues with my T54S phones which I don't have with my W56P. So I decided to try running of one them as a DECT phone using the DD10K USB dongle, on the basis of Amazon comments from vendors which suggested it was compatible with all T5X phones.

However, after buying a DD10K, much messing around and reading of release notes, it appears the latest 70.84.0.70 firmware for the T54S phone does not support the DD10K.

Is there a future T54S firmware release planned to support this, or some other way to get it to work ?

Keith Mitchell
(10-18-2020 04:33 PM)smoti51 Wrote: [ -> ]I have some VoIP provider issues with my T54S phones which I don't have with my W56P. So I decided to try running of one them as a DECT phone using the DD10K USB dongle, on the basis of Amazon comments from vendors which suggested it was compatible with all T5X phones.

However, after buying a DD10K, much messing around and reading of release notes, it appears the latest 70.84.0.70 firmware for the T54S phone does not support the DD10K.

Is there a future T54S firmware release planned to support this, or some other way to get it to work ?

Keith Mitchell

I don't believe so. But anyway I think you're a little bit confused...

The DD10K can be used only on the T41S and T42S to make the desk phone a Dect phone (endpoint, as in the desk phone registers and gets service from the W56B.)

For all the other phones (T53 / T53W / T54W / T57W / T58A / VP59 are the phones in the datasheet) the DD10K is used to make the phone a Dect Base (you register a Dect handset - like the W56H - to it.)
(10-21-2020 10:57 PM)Yisroel_MongoTEL Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe so. But anyway I think you're a little bit confused...

The DD10K can be used only on the T41S and T42S to make the desk phone a Dect phone (endpoint, as in the desk phone registers and gets service from the W56B.)

For all the other phones (T53 / T53W / T54W / T57W / T58A / VP59 are the phones in the datasheet) the DD10K is used to make the phone a Dect Base (you register a Dect handset - like the W56H - to it.)

Thank you clarifying that only the T41/2S can be used in DECT endpoint mode. It would be nice to have this capability for higher-end desk phones too, though.

https://www.yealink.com/product/accessories-dd10k says "Supports...Yealink T5 series", so the specific omission of the T54S from the list of phones than can be used with the DD10K as a DECT base station is disappointing. I can't find any official information confirming this on the Yealink site, but it appears the T54S has been discontinued :-(
(10-23-2020 03:44 PM)smoti51 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find any official information confirming this on the Yealink site, but it appears the T54S has been discontinued :-(

Indeed, the T5xS phones have been replaced by the bigger T5xW line.
Reference URL's