Yealink Forums

Full Version: CP960 Static noise for offsite meeting attendees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any issues with a CP960 unit where the audio for the offsite/remote attendees starts off fine but then turns into static/electric noise?

The setup:
CP960 HD IP conference phone with CPW90
Firmware: CP960-73.83.0.1.rom (pushed from Vonage)
CP960 connected to laptop via USB (USB hub/dock)

The meetings start off fine, audio sounds great, but then 5-10 minutes in the audio for the offsite/remote attendees goes to static and they can't hear voices clearly. The problem goes away once you unplug the USB and plug it back in.

The CP960 is setup as a SIP endpoint, Vonage, and being used as a UC device via USB. We haven't see this issue when using it as a SIP endpoint but haven't had too many voice calls on it either the majority of use is as a UC device.

I've replaced cables (ethernet and USB) and USB hubs and have had reports of the same issue no matter how I've had it connected. I've also done a factory reset on it and am still having issues.

It looks like Vonage has another firmware option for it that I may test out next, but that seems to be an older update: CP960-73.80.0.35.rom

I'm starting to think it's a bad unit and I need to get a replacement unit.
Hello,
Have you by any chance foud out what might be causing such an issue? I've started using my cp 960 as a USB audio device, and it behaves exactly the same. 10 - 15 minutes in a teleconference (I've only tested with Lifesize) and there's only static noise on the input. Even when you end the telco, the audio coming in to the laptop behaves as such, until you reconnect the device. I'm running firmware version 73.83.0.30
(12-16-2020 10:35 PM)chyr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Have you by any chance foud out what might be causing such an issue? I've started using my cp 960 as a USB audio device, and it behaves exactly the same. 10 - 15 minutes in a teleconference (I've only tested with Lifesize) and there's only static noise on the input. Even when you end the telco, the audio coming in to the laptop behaves as such, until you reconnect the device. I'm running firmware version 73.83.0.30

I've been working with Yealink tech support and we haven't fully resolved the issue yet. It doesn't appear to be the CP960 itself because a second unit I bought does the same thing. It appears to be computer specific. I've had the CP960 plugged into a desktop PC for well over an hour without an issue but have had repeated issues on several specific Dell laptops (5510 and XPS) while other Dell laptops don't produce the same issue (even if it is the same model)...

So it appears maybe it could be driver related but haven't been able to isolate it to a specific driver yet either.

I'd encourage you to submit a support ticket so they can put more eyse on it and possibly figure out the issue.
Reference URL's