Yealink Forums

Full Version: Reconfig of branded handsets/bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys

I am looking to buy some used handsets and bases - can anyone confirm if, for example, BT branded/sourced devices can be used with other carriers or setups?

I would hope that they can be flashed with vanilla firmware but could expect that to be a pantomime in some cases.

Any advice most appreciated.

David
Hi

Ok - a fair few views and no replies - can I ask it slightly differently?

When a vendor customises this kit - is it the firmware in the bases AND/OR the handsets?

Not just thinking BT here but any of the voip providers that sell Yealink (dect) with their service.

Last question - do I need the originally registered base to be here when I register the handset to another base, or does the handset need to be deregistered first?

Thanks
(10-11-2020 09:37 AM)BestGear Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Ok - a fair few views and no replies - can I ask it slightly differently?

When a vendor customises this kit - is it the firmware in the bases AND/OR the handsets?

Not just thinking BT here but any of the voip providers that sell Yealink (dect) with their service.

Last question - do I need the originally registered base to be here when I register the handset to another base, or does the handset need to be deregistered first?

Thanks

Hi,

When a vendor customize the kit, usually he change the firmware of the base and handset. That way, the operation remains guaranteed.
The vendor can also tie the base MAC address to a RPS server. This way the base is locked to the vendor.
To release/unlock the set you will need the help from that vendor/provider.

You can de-register the handset without the need of the base, but the original base will keep to hold the registration of that handset.

Hope this will help.
(10-11-2020 11:40 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this will help.

Yes, thank you for your reply.

So I guess its pointless buying these used unless the seller can guarantee that they are not branded in any way.

I had hoped that it would be possible to flash them with vanilla firmware (even having to use tftp or other malarkey) and all would be good.

Many thanks

David
Reference URL's