Yealink Forums

Full Version: Dialing and what appears on the screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a customer who is very curious to know why when they dial an extension number or a phone number why there are so many other users or numbers that populate the display that seen to have nothing to do with the user or phone number they are dialing. Phones are T54W.
(09-22-2020 07:19 PM)ajadams@centrictel.com Wrote: [ -> ]I have a customer who is very curious to know why when they dial an extension number or a phone number why there are so many other users or numbers that populate the display that seen to have nothing to do with the user or phone number they are dialing. Phones are T54W.

Hi,

I guess this is a mix of numbers from the Phonebook and Call History.
(09-22-2020 07:19 PM)ajadams@centrictel.com Wrote: [ -> ]I have a customer who is very curious to know why when they dial an extension number or a phone number why there are so many other users or numbers that populate the display that seen to have nothing to do with the user or phone number they are dialing. Phones are T54W.

Hi ajadams,

This is Albert from Yealink Technical Support Team. Nice to work with you.

For your description, this is the phone input number automatically match the contact function.
May I know which directory do you use? Local directory? Remote Phonebook? LDAP or Google Directory?

Best Regards,
Albert
So the phone is pulling data from both the directory and call history? Does it also match alpha and numerically?
(09-23-2020 02:05 PM)ajadams@centrictel.com Wrote: [ -> ]So the phone is pulling data from both the directory and call history? Does it also match alpha and numerically?

Yes.
E.g. If you enter the first characters of a name (person or company) and if the name is in the phonebook, and have one or more phonenumbers, then all numbers belonging to this name are displayed.
(09-23-2020 02:05 PM)ajadams@centrictel.com Wrote: [ -> ]So the phone is pulling data from both the directory and call history? Does it also match alpha and numerically?

Hi Ajadams,

Yes, you are right.

Best Regards,
Albert
Reference URL's