Yealink Forums

Full Version: Yealink C920 password issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have been given a CP920 conference phone by a friend who no longer needs it. I am trying to do a factory reset so that I can use it. The issue is when I go into the Advanced menu it asks for a password and the default "admin" does not work. When I asked my friend, he said they never set a password.

Is there a way to do a factory reset without knowing the password? Or is the phone bricked and useless?

Many thanks for any help that you can give.

Dave
(09-10-2020 09:29 AM)DaveK Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I have been given a CP920 conference phone by a friend who no longer needs it. I am trying to do a factory reset so that I can use it. The issue is when I go into the Advanced menu it asks for a password and the default "admin" does not work. When I asked my friend, he said they never set a password.

Is there a way to do a factory reset without knowing the password? Or is the phone bricked and useless?

Dave

Hi Dave,

You can reset the phone to factory default by long pressing (> 10s) the OK / √ key.

Hope this will help.
Hi complex1
Thank you for your reply. Sadly I tried that, holding the OK button for 30 seconds and all that happens is that it goes to the first menu. Somebody else since my post advised holding down the Two Mute buttons for 10+ seconds, but that doesn't work either.

Kind regards
Alan

(09-11-2020 07:57 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Dave

Hi Dave,

You can reset the phone to factory default by long pressing (> 10s) the OK / √ key.

Hope this will help.
(09-11-2020 08:17 AM)DaveK Wrote: [ -> ]Hi complex1
Thank you for your reply. Sadly I tried that, holding the OK button for 30 seconds and all that happens is that it goes to the first menu. Somebody else since my post advised holding down the Two Mute buttons for 10+ seconds, but that doesn't work either.

Kind regards
Alan

(09-11-2020 07:57 AM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Dave

Hi Dave,

Hope this will help.

Hi Dave, Alan

I suspect the phone is locket by the provider and is preventing customers to factory reset the phone.
Factory reset should always work, except...
I guess you or you friend have to contact the supplier and ask if they are willing to unlock the phone.
Reference URL's