Yealink Forums

Full Version: RPSing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of my phones in the field no longer connect to RPS after a factory reset. It happens almost all of the time with the T21p (not e2) model. After boot up, the label on the screen is "RPSing". After entering the last 5 digits of the phone's SN, the phone reboots but ends up in this state. The "Last Report Time" in our RPS dashboard for the phone is not updated, so it appears the phones are not able to connect to RPS.

The phones have internet and I can log in to them. The Account tab is filled with what appears to be default RPS parameters (see attached screenshot - register name and user name are the phone's MAC address which I obfuscated for the screenshot)

Any ideas what might be happening?
(08-13-2020 04:57 AM)chrisduncansb Wrote: [ -> ]Some of my phones in the field no longer connect to RPS after a factory reset. It happens almost all of the time with the T21p (not e2) model. After boot up, the label on the screen is "RPSing". After entering the last 5 digits of the phone's SN, the phone reboots but ends up in this state. The "Last Report Time" in our RPS dashboard for the phone is not updated, so it appears the phones are not able to connect to RPS.

The phones have internet and I can log in to them. The Account tab is filled with what appears to be default RPS parameters (see attached screenshot - register name and user name are the phone's MAC address which I obfuscated for the screenshot)

Any ideas what might be happening?

Hi Sir

What's the MAC address, how many devices has the issue.
BR
Kevin
I have 3 T21p's on hand that have this issue. All of our T21p's in the field (hundreds) do this. Here's an example MAC address: 00156576C653.
(09-08-2020 04:16 PM)chrisduncansb Wrote: [ -> ]I have 3 T21p's on hand that have this issue. All of our T21p's in the field (hundreds) do this. Here's an example MAC address: 00156576C653.

You can reset the device and push for RPS again.
Now it resets and doesn't say RPSing, but is still not downloading the cfg. RPS site does not show is is reporting in. Reset it twice just now.
(09-14-2020 08:27 PM)chrisduncansb Wrote: [ -> ]Now it resets and doesn't say RPSing, but is still not downloading the cfg. RPS site does not show is is reporting in. Reset it twice just now.

Hello Chris

I don't see the inteception history from RPS, please kindly duplictae the same RPS process and send PCAP, syslog, config.bin files to me, thanks.

BR
Kevin
Do you need a pcap captured outside of the phone (from my router) since this involves a factory reset? My router isn't capable of capturing pcaps unfortunately.
(09-15-2020 05:29 PM)chrisduncansb Wrote: [ -> ]Do you need a pcap captured outside of the phone (from my router) since this involves a factory reset? My router isn't capable of capturing pcaps unfortunately.

yes, please. You can also disable phone to connect public network and set log level as 6. After that, enable public network and reboot the phone for RPS connecting.
Reference URL's