Yealink Forums

Full Version: T21P E2 default Programmable Key label in V84
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone encountered issue that the default programmable key changed to "S_XXX" after upgrade to V84 ?
e.g. In V83 , the DND button label is "DND" but in V84, the default label changed to "S_DND" , and the "Menu" change to "S_Menu" , under the menu , "Status" - > "Menu_Status" ...etc
Do I need to manual adjust all the programmable key label and it's menu tree after upgrade to V84 ?

[attachment=5732][attachment=5733]
(08-07-2020 03:34 AM)erictam Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone encountered issue that the default programmable key changed to "S_XXX" after upgrade to V84 ?
e.g. In V83 , the DND button label is "DND" but in V84, the default label changed to "S_DND" , and the "Menu" change to "S_Menu" , under the menu , "Status" - > "Menu_Status" ...etc
Do I need to manual adjust all the programmable key label and it's menu tree after upgrade to V84 ?

Hi,

I do not own a T21P E2 but after a standard firmware upgrade this should not happen.
Please reset the phone to factory default and if the issue is not solved I suggest to open a support ticket @ Yealink
https://ticket.yealink.com/

Hope this will help.
Update:

After some tests... I ran into the same issue after I changed the LCD language in a language that is not supported by the phone.
e.g. I tried to set the phone for the Dutch language, while the phone is running the international firmware.
Check if the phone supports the language you selected or reset the phone to factory settings and try again.

Hope this will help.
(08-14-2020 03:10 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Update:

After some tests... I ran into the same issue after I changed the LCD language in a language that is not supported by the phone.
e.g. I tried to set the phone for the Dutch language, while the phone is running the international firmware.
Check if the phone supports the language you selected or reset the phone to factory settings and try again.

Hope this will help.
I do not change the language profile but just upgrade/downgrade the firmware and I suppose all the setting should be kept between 2 version firmware . Just wonder how does it change my language Confused
(08-31-2020 07:49 AM)erictam Wrote: [ -> ]

Hope this will help.
I do not change the language profile but just upgrade/downgrade the firmware and I suppose all the setting should be kept between 2 version firmware . Just wonder how does it change my language Confused

Did you reset the phone to factory default?
(08-31-2020 06:04 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020 07:49 AM)erictam Wrote: [ -> ]

Hope this will help.

Did you reset the phone to factory default?

Sure , I used to factory reset to upgrade/downgrade firmware from my provision server instead of direct upload the firmware via the phone GUI
We have seen the same with Yealink T21P_E2 and T46S firmware 84.
We provision the phones with our own translation in a language-file.

Yealink firmware version 84 added new names for a lot of fields that need to be in the translation-file.

You can find Yealink's language-files in category "Other Documents"
link - http://support.yealink.com/documentFront...umentId=77
filename - Language_Packs_for_T19_T21_T23_T40_T40G.zip

(08-07-2020 03:34 AM)erictam Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone encountered issue that the default programmable key changed to "S_XXX" after upgrade to V84 ?
Reference URL's