Yealink Forums

Full Version: Stop caller info from moving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm looking for the setting to stop the incoming caller info from moving. I know the setting exists, but I cannot find it.

Pushing the setting via XML is possible.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
(07-15-2020 08:16 AM)daanrocom Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm looking for the setting to stop the incoming caller info from moving. I know the setting exists, but I cannot find it.

Pushing the setting via XML is possible.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

I don't understand you question. Blush
Please explain a bit more what you trying to accomplish.
What phone(s) do you use and on what firmware is it running?

Thx.
Phone: Yealink T46S
Firmware: 66.83.188.5

When a call is coming in via a Ring Group, the name of the Ring Group is placed in front of the incoming number in the display of the phone.

When there is more text then the Yealink phone can display at once, the phone will start moving the text from left to right and back.

Since only the name of the Ring Group is relevant is this case, I want to stop the phone from moving the information about the incoming call.
(07-15-2020 10:32 AM)daanrocom Wrote: [ -> ]Phone: Yealink T46S
Firmware: 66.83.188.5

When a call is coming in via a Ring Group, the name of the Ring Group is placed in front of the incoming number in the display of the phone.

When there is more text then the Yealink phone can display at once, the phone will start moving the text from left to right and back.

Since only the name of the Ring Group is relevant is this case, I want to stop the phone from moving the information about the incoming call.

Nu begrijp ik je vraag...
Now I understand what your question is...

Please log in the phone and go to "Settings > Call Display > Call Information Display Method" and select "Null"
or add next in the provisioning file
phone_setting.call_info_display_method = 5
and try again.

Hope this will help.
Hallo,

I know of the display option in the web interface. It removes some information depending on the PBX.

Option 5 (null) removes all information, also the name of the ring group.

When somebody calls, the following information is shown on the display:
<Name of Ring Group> <Name Caller> <Phone Number>

Often this is too much text for the display, so the phone starts moving the info.

I just want fixed text. Text that does not move.
(07-15-2020 01:11 PM)daanrocom Wrote: [ -> ]Hallo,

I know of the display option in the web interface. It removes some information depending on the PBX.

Option 5 (null) removes all information, also the name of the ring group.

When somebody calls, the following information is shown on the display:
<Name of Ring Group> <Name Caller> <Phone Number>

Often this is too much text for the display, so the phone starts moving the info.

I just want fixed text. Text that does not move.

As far as I know is it not possible to stop this moving text, only to slowdown the left/right scrolling speed.

Please try next parameter:
phone_setting.incoming_call.horizontal_roll_interval = 2000
#It configures the interval (in milliseconds) for the phone to horizontally scroll the caller information when the phone is ringing; Default - 500, Min - 100, Max - 2000;

Hope this will help
Reference URL's